Organic Miracle Grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GorillaFarmer, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Only stuff they have around here. I dont want to order dirt through the mail and pay out the ass for shipping. It says it only has trace elements of anything in it. Anyone have an luck with it? Anyone know what pH is for this dirt clean? I picked up like 26 bags so Im hoping its decent.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I bought some of this because the local nursery was late on opening up this year, the PH in mine was 6.5 and I made sure it didn't have any extended release ferts so hopefully it works, never used it before, but I tossed some perlite in it to help aerate it some.

3. How much perlite did you add? It says its pretty clean soil. With only trace elements of ferts.

4. Well I had a lot of soil to amend, so I used almost 4 cu ft because I prepped my 3 gallon pots with some of it, my solo cups with a small amount and the ground with the majority.

5. It will be fine and those trace elements in the dirt will get you through the seedling stage perhaps up to the first month of growth after that you can do first week 1/4 strength following weeks after normasl suggest strength of w/e fertilizer, I use the FoxFarm trio. GooD LucK

6. I'm about to start flowering using a mix of about 50% MG Organic and 50 perlite/vermaculite in six plants. absolutely no problems whatsoever, have not yet added any nutrients of my own but all the plants are growing very fast and very green

7. garden safe natural organic is way better than the mg, & can be found @ lowes, read this http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...ted-growers-good-bye-miralce-gro-organic.html

8. Hmm like i said. I already have 26 bags of this stuff sitting in my grow. I am basically just hoping it wasnt a waste of my time. im not going to lug 26 bags of soil back out of my house then 26 different ones back in. I dont need that kind of heat.

9. I'm using MG organic choice right now and it seems to be doing fine so far . The only problem I've had with it (and other MG soil) is the fungus gnats . I've heard that fox farm soil doesn't have the fungus gnats like MG does , but I can't say for sure .

Either way , my plants are growing extremely fast with that soil . There is no noticable nute burn on any of my plants . They are green ,healthy , and doing well . It is good soil IMO , and atleast it doesn't have that osmocote shit .

10. Did you add anything to soil to start?

11. I'd just toss some perlite/vermiculite into it to help aerate it, the thing I noticed is it definently clumps together, but once I added the perlite it helped to keep it moist and loose. I also added some bone meal and blood meal to mine as well.

12. Did you get the ten quart bags? How much did you of each did you add to a ten quart bag? And what were the pH fluctuations? imo it needs sulfur to bring the pH down a smidge.

13. Yeah , I added perlite to the soil for drainage . I couldn't tell you the exact % of perlite , but I would say maybe about 10%-20% . I didn't add much at all , but obviously it was enough because I am having no drainage problems .

One thing to note , I checked my pH runoff of all my pots the other day and it was at 6.2 . So low pH MAY be a problem with MG organic choice , it could , however , be caused by something else .

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was under the impression 6.2 was high and 5.5 was what I should aim for. Was I poorly advised?

15. for soil your ph needs to be between 6.3-7.0, w/ 6.5-6.8 the $ shot, 5.5 is for hydro

16. Yeah from what I've read , nutrient lockout can occur from 6.2 and under (in soil) .

17. i've been using the mg organic too and to start seedling in its great however, as you get further in you should definitely look into adding some nutrients to it. thats the only real problem i've had... and the vermicilite as well. other than that its good stuff... not great though.

18. Hey Gorrilla, I'm using this same stuff to grow my G13 Haze and the plants love it. Also, I added some Terracycle Tomato Plant Food. It's made with 100% natural nutrients - actually they feed organic waste to worms and then liquify the worm poop (sounds ridiculous, but it works haha). And since it doesn't contain any synthetic chemical ferts, you can add as much as you like and it won't burn your plants :D