organic indoor 1st time

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by stonedcold4me, Nov 23, 2013.

1. #1 stonedcold4me, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    well i won't actually be setting up my room for another few weeks as the basement needs to be cleaned out and prepped for a veg closet and flowering room

i am looking to do as little nutrient watering as i can, i am trying to do a low maintenance organic indoor grow

i will be using 1000w hps lights there is room for 3 lights but i was only going to be doing 6 plants 

more light is always better as i've learned from my indoor/outdoor experience

looking for an organic soil mix that will allow my girls to thrive in their 3 month cycle and continue amending and reusing the soil.

all to be done as organic as possible such as watering with compost tea's (some experience) 
    too non chem insecticides and fungicides

thanks all and have fun  :bongin:

2. Well being an organic dirt guy I don't recommend using a batch of soil over and over, it gives a place for those fucking spider mites to take root and mess you up bad.

Fling the used soil in your flower beds outside and mix up a new batch each grow.

you might try sterilizing it with black plastic bags or trash cans and hot sun outside, but that's summertime only.

I used to think I was all good and saved money reworking my soil and paid for it later. As expensive as our product is we can afford soil.

If you are just getting started one nice thing to have is a plastic wheel barrow in the grow room. the type with 2 front wheels so it cant fall over. They are handy for mixing soils and a portable transplant station. Well worth the $25 bucks.

good luck and enjoy the indoor garden, I know I do! :)

3. #3 stonedcold4me, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    I am setting up this grow in an older ladies basement (yes granny gets high too haha)

so i'm trying to find the easiest way for her to learn as well as be able to do her on crop in at least 2 cycles

thanks old fart, we have really amazing natural soil i could take from the orchard in the back, what sorts of things would be good to start amending it with? it will be about 2 weeks before i will have clones in so i'm wondering what i can do to prepare my soil to be mixed in with my medium 

i'm sure the answer to most of my questions are already in the forums, but it will be nice to get feedback once i get everything rolling

4. When you say granny and basement I think of the stairs, make sure they are well lit and add lights there while you are working. Also make sure there is a good hand rail so stoned granny can grab and hang on if she has a big head rush..

Cut granny loose with solo cups and a bag of seeds and let her do a sea of green. floros for vegging babies and clones is one cycle. then space in the flower room. granny can have a fat personal stash for the right price for sure.

soil we just wing it, some peat moss, compost, perlite , steer manure, blood meal, bone meal,worm castings, pinch or two of Epson salts and it should be good to go.

5. ok thanks i've been toying with a few idea's just tryin to get it all dialed in and prepared so everything sends off nicely

thanks for the help i'll update once i get all the things in order :)

6. so i'm looking at my room and the dimensions are 6' tall 7' wide and 8' long, i want to get an electronic burner to pump C02 in the room

wondering what my best bet on an air tight room would be?

could buy a zipper room or build my own just wondering if anyone had any insightful idea's as far as that :)

thanks all

Keep it classy Planet Earth ;)  :smoke:

7. You better get some plants before you mess with co2. Also remember it can knock you out and kill you.

8. oh yes these things i know, nothing is getting turned on until i have lights and plants, i've done a little work with Co2 i know the dangers it can pose, i was just looking for a pointer on the best way to go about sealing off my room hah

thanks for the steady replies though old fart :)