Organic Higher Learning Resources

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Jul 31, 2010.

1. This is friggin sweet guyz.

Freak
    :smoking:

2. Anyone else want to help out with this one? It is stickied after all.

3. It's pretty easy to make you own soil and you have most of the ingredients already.

Take 2 c.f. of peat moss or coco coir, 1 c.f. of perlite (or pumice) and 1 c.f. of earthworm castings. There's 4 c.f. or 'about' 30 gallons.

These numbers are for 1 c.f. ('about' 7.5 gallons) of your potting soil mix:

1 cup of kelp meal
    1 cup of alfalfa meal
    1.5 cups of Azomite (that's usually the easiest to find for most folks)
    1 cup bone meal (steamed is usually easier to breakdown by the microbes)
    1/2 cup of limestone or oyster shell powder (calcium carbonate - no magnesium)

If you opt for dolomite lime then others will be better able to give you the appropriate amount.

Add some mycorrhizal fungi to your mix and Viola! You now have a viable soil that can be 're-cycled' over and over by amending with earthworm castings, seed meals, etc.

Pretty cheap and far better than grow store bags of dirt.

HTH

LD

4. Howmanymoreyrs,

Thank you for the posts, you picked some great ones. If you can find the links I will add them to the top. I messaged you about it, it would be really cool of you.

I think I know what happens to most of the people that read this because the same happened to me. You get lost in the info, and before you know it hours have passed. Will be updating the links very soon, I would like to get all the necesary ingredients a link.

5. I'm not finding the links either - where / how do I find the Organic higher learning links?

6. Wow, lots of good info there! Too much to read it all, haha, but I'm kinda limited in resourced around here, can't seem to find places that carry stuff like the kelp and alfalfa meals, right now best thing I've got going so far is some worm castings(took me forever to finally find someplace that has them!), then the miracle gro organics choice bone meal and blood meal. So I'm growing mine in a soil thats mostly peat with some perlite and lime mixed in, then throwing in a small scoop of both meals and several scoops of castings, watering with molasses water, and hoping its good enough, lol. Although I did finally find a place that carries Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil mix, but I've got two bags of my current soil to finish first, so I'm waiting on that one.

7. #27 p_snickers, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    read through the thread a little. the links are embedded in the body of the copied posts

this is, after all, a continually developing thread as posts are added and information is uncovered...never mind the knowledge that continually rains down from LD's glorious, glorious brain.

8. I'll let it rest for a spell and see how this is digested and if in a format that's useful to folks.....

Plenty more to follow if all ok.

9. Possuum,

Thanks for the great info and links. To be honest, I have been hitting my stash jar a bit too hard lately it seems. I posted this thread and forgot to make all but the first post visible to everyone until a few days ago, so this thread was missing alot. Should be fixed and ready for some updating.

10. LOL...it's all good 'bro. There's some folks thirsting for a drink of water from "the spring of knowledge" and I kinda got it you were "busy" so-to-speak. :D

Just as a side note, try a good sativa dom strain...you'll get more stuff done. LOL.

And p.s. one of the reasons I harvest "cloudy", which is anathema to most folks, is to keep that couch lock off'n me! LOL!

Peace man and we'll be tuning in

11. More on Kelp/Seaweed Extracts Link

12. You guys are awesome!!! Sorry I have been away for a bit, all links are updated except last one.

13. This is 100% Golden information!