Organic Higher Learning Resources

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Jul 31, 2010.

1. That is chemically different than the calcium sulfate we call gypsum. I have read many warnings over the years not to sub 'dry wall' gypsum or joint compound for garden gypsum. You would think 'Joint compound' would be cannabis compatible just based on the name (JOKE).
    cheers
    os

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks...thats a no no then....good one about the joint he he !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neither biochar nor gypsum are deal breakers IMO. If you can't find them conveniently then I would not worry about 'em.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks, nice specific answer to put my mind at rest.....cheers fo that !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Scooby.....what about the calcium nitrate is that usable as cal source as i can get a sack of it here but dont know what to do.....cheers

6. sorry i have no idea :(

7. Thanks for reply anyway.....stay cool !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anyone have a digital copy of Eliot Coleman's The New Organic Grower? :poke:

Please and thank you!

P-

• Like Like x 2
  9. Elliot Coleman is a stud! Definitely recommend New Organic Grower.

SO... Anyone have a digital copy of Intelligent Gardener by Steve Solomon? :ph34r:

Peace!

P-

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Coleman is an inspiration! Knowing he lives in my neck of the woods, his techniques will definitely work for me. I have a friend that does the row cover inside a cold hoop house and harvests spinach, chard, kale and other veggies all year. He even does a winter and spring CSA share, which are really hard to find.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Could i suggest Sepp Holzer's books. Many recipes for home made products (IPM, nutriens so on) and very old school techniques, like how to make bone salve for instance. One of the few people who has made permaculture work in all kind of different environments, if ever you have a chance to visit the Krameterhof (his farm that his son now manages) i highly recommend it. It's my definition of paradise.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Damn @Chunk, it's been ten years since you revived this thread and merged it!

Growing was so much more fun when all that learning was going on haha

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. @3Deez good to see ya still on here! And great thread to bring to the top!

@Chunk curious if you think this thread might be sticky worthy?
    :passing-joint:

P-

Edit: nvm, sorry Chunk, I see it's listed on the Organic grower's sticky library.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thanks for the love guys! Yeah, I unstuck it a while back to make room for @Organic sinse 's Auto's Thread. There's so many sticky worthy threads it's hard to pick winners and losers for being stuck/pinned.

I'll take a look at the current list and see if I can fit it back in.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  15. What the hell, It's back where it belongs. It was actually started by our old friend Patriofarmer and when he deleted his account, the one thing he asked me to do was keep it alive. I sacrificed my old Shenanigans journal to keep this thread alive.

This makes 10 stickies and I think I'll leave it like this for a while.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. This and that pdf thread are rich and I can’t thank the folks who put it all together enough.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Same to you! I hope you've been well. All good here. Growing more veggies than ganja lately lol. Still lurk the threads a couple times a week.
    I remember reading Patrio's posts when I first started reading organics. I think he was moving on right around that time. Damn, that was a long time ago when I think about it lol.

• Like Like x 4
  18. So many golden nuggets here <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1