organic growers, newbie question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by abige69, Feb 26, 2015.

1. i dont wanna use nutes,so going down the organic road. in soil how to i make sure they are getting all the right stuff? & what to use to adjust ph levels? no point in staying green with the plants then stick chemicals in the water
    thanks

2. I'd say fox farm's happy frog is a great organic beginner soil. Blood meal, oyster flour, earthworm castings, kelp meal and lime are some great organic nutrients to add. I'm new to organic as well. So I'm no expert. Go to the organic journal section. A lot to learn there and some cool blades.

Let's Smoke About It....
    - Adam Demamp

Organic Grow Journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357687-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

3. I use nutes but my first 7 weeks are soil only until I flip them. Happy Frog Potting Soil is soil for dummies and is why I love it!

4. The plants will take what they need when they need it as long as it's there. Build a well balanced mix and adjusting pH will be a moot point. The organic section's stickied threads on soil building are golden and I recommend reading through them. The basic gist to a lot of them is equal parts peat moss, aeration (perlite is common, lava rock and rice hulls are great too), and compost/earthworm castings, and then any number of a list of organic amendments that could go on forever. Some of the most popular and effective are kelp meal, neem meal, and oyster shell meal, but diversity is a good thing in an organic setup.

Really though, the secrets of organic growing are all in the composting process. As one wise blade's signature says, get your compost dialed in and there won't be many questions that need answering.

5. #5 killset, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    ^^^^ what he said.......no pH'ing the water is nice

6. #6 Ẅest Čoast, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  7. cheers peeps, thanks for fast replys, didnt know there was an organic bit here! anyone able to recommend a good organic soil thats avivable in uk? havent seen fox farm over here 
    thanx again peeps