Organic fridge clone seedling area in freezer

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by hophead636, Jan 28, 2019.

1. So heat me out, I got an old fridge in the basement and actually have 2 more one is a side my side too which had me thinking as well but that’s for later after a easy one possibly. I got the fridge in the pics just hanging out doing nothing, use to be my fermentation chamber when I home brewed. Was thinking about gutting it of everything cutting the bottom hump out so it will be flat then patch it back in for smoothness. Then build a grow box for a no till set up and I still have the hole fridge part for grow and do one of the thinnest light set up possible for nice stretch if they want to. Thoughts opinions just random talk let me know what you guys think will be for my first grow and that’s prolly not even for a while still slowly getting the wife on board, so why not come to the best group I have found so far in my short time finding grow communities and see if I can make it where I can grow super cheap and make something my self that can cost us less then if I went for a tent or anything, sorta a project to keep building and creating till I can start growing in it. [​IMG]

28high x 24deep x 24wide
    [​IMG]

Bed box after cut out and flipped and reattached 11high x24 x24
    [​IMG]

Clone seedling area
    [​IMG]

Posted over in the organic section too but figured I would see what some other ideas I could be missing and not thinking about that could possibly save even more money then going all organic first and say with the one dead fridge or side by side make all organic.

2. Years ago I always wanted to convert an old fridge into a grow box.

My idea at the time was to use the freezer section to house the lighting and cut a hole between the freezer and fridge areas, separated by glass, so that all the heat from the light could be isolated and vented from the upper section. Lower section being sealed could then allow for stricter environmental control. That was before LED was a thing though, and heat was a major concern.

If your primary growing/flowering space will be the fridge, you may not necessarily need a dedicated seedling area. That space could potentially be used to give your main grow space more head room.

Keep us updated, I'm interested in how this project goes for you once you decide to dive in!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I was also thinking of that and making my other dead fridge into the veg/clone/ seedling we shall see lol

4. So got a bag seed going might just get it started in here and plop in the garden out side once temps get better. Got the fridge on temp control at 75 for right now lol I germeneated t and only got life out of the one had a feeling the other two had a small crack in them. I’ll keep updating as it goes and we shall see what happens got 2 100w led daylight bulbs right now will snag a few more or any one have some advice on better ones just going cheap and easy to get it out doors right now hoping to find a few more bag seeds and have a couple out side. Any advice or tip or tricks hit me up always down to learn.

[​IMG]