Organic Food Is Not Healthier Says Study

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by badboy287, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Is Organic Food a Scam? | Mark's Daily Apple

Relatively well said in my opinion. The reason we eat organic isn't because it's more nutritious (even though some studies have found higher levels of antioxidants up to 55%) rather it's because we want to avoid pesticides.

I think a major problem with all harmful substances that we're putting in our body is that they add up. Sure, eating a regulated, small amount of aspartame/MSG/whatever isn't going to kill you. But when you regularly eat garbage, along with regularly eating pesticides all while thinking that the "healthy" apple you're eating is a step in the right direction, it all adds up.

Edit: ^Especially for kids/elderly.

2. [quote name='"TheWorst24"']Is Organic Food a Scam? | Mark's Daily Apple

Relatively well said in my opinion. The reason we eat organic isn't because it's more nutritious (even though some studies have found higher levels of antioxidants up to 55%) rather it's because we want to avoid pesticides.

I think a major problem with all harmful substances that we're putting in our body is that they add up. Sure, eating a regulated, small amount of aspartame/MSG/whatever isn't going to kill you. But when you regularly eat garbage, along with regularly eating pesticides all while thinking that the "healthy" apple you're eating is a step in the right direction, it all adds up.

Edit: ^Especially for kids/elderly.[/quote]

Actually there has been some cases when lower amounts of pesticides and fungicides are used it causes more damage then a lot of them.

Idk if those -cides are still being used but you can read it in the book "organic manifesto"

As you can tell I enjoyed that book. Lol. Its a quick read and packed with info.