Organic Food Is Not Healthier Says Study

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by badboy287, Sep 5, 2012.

1. #421 budsmokn420, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    Idk why people are so up in arms about this...

If you eat processed foods, your diet is already unhealthy. Organic candy bars aren't going to help your health.

If you eat a whole foods diet, gmos are already labeled so there really is no problem there when it comes to people that are actually trying to eat healthy and want to avoid gmos.

Besides, there already is non-gmo labeling from independent and trustworthy watchdog groups. Falling back on government to solve your problems isn't exactly a good idea.

2. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']Not everyone wants to be healthy. You have a right to healthy food and you have the right to at least attemp to explain to people how to live a healthy lifestyle, but some people are here for other things or care about other things more and that's fine. They also have the right to say fuck you I want Burger King and skittles.

You're not a person of a higher moral standard compared to a car enthusiast because you're interested in organic farming.[/quote]

What in the world are you spouting off about now, do you feel like your one of those personality's we are addressing or something, whoever said anyone who eats organically or non processed is better than someone who doesn't, its not some popularity contest.
    This info isn't for the people that know but just don't care, its for the people that have no clue and should have the choice to make their own decision based on the info given and their own research, not just forced to eat what's available.
    I honestly don't care what you do, but if your a person that chooses to ignorantly deny these things and then go and spread the info to others that it doesn't matter what they eat and its all just a fad, that's a huge disservice and part of the reason we're so deep in this mess.

3. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

Idk why people are so up in arms about this...

If you eat processed foods, your diet is already unhealthy. Organic candy bars aren't going to help your health.

If you eat a whole foods diet, gmos are already labeled so there really is no problem there when it comes to people that are actually trying to eat healthy and want to avoid gmos.

Besides, there already is non-gmo labeling from independent and trustworthy watchdog groups. Falling back on government to solve your problems isn't exactly a good idea.[/quote]

People are up in arms because the PUBLIC needs to know about it, why are the major food giants up in arms about this? If this stuff is safe and needs no testing as Monsanto claims let them be labeled. That is all just let them be labeled, there's one thing I know for sure that will come from this labeling incentive that they absolutely do not want, HUMAN TRIALS, because then you can actually weed out who is eating exactly what, by the foods that contain these stuff.
    But as the fox in the henhouse said, no testing is necessary.

4. I'm not sure how any of this relates to anything of what I said in my last post or any of my posts in the past.

5. #425 eazye187, Oct 2, 2012
    Well organic, or non-organic as far as nutrition goes it makes no difference, because the soils we grow our foods in are pretty much depleted of the nutrition. So if the nutrition isn't in the soils we grow our foods in then you aren't going to get it in the food. So you can eat all the whole-foods organic or non-organic you want you'll get pretty much the same nutrition. People don't want to be exposed to gmo's because of the health side-effects. Any studies of GMO-testing have always been short-term, a maximum of about 90days/3months or so, then they are approved. So there hasn't been any long-term studies until recently, and the long-term study that have come out recently, have been showing some pretty nasty effects, tumors etc.

In no way am I saying to rely on the government for health advice, however we should be able to know what is in the food we are eating, those of us who do not trust GMO's should have the right to chose whether we ingest it or not.

6. You didn't address any points I made.

7. Are you guys even reading my posts? GM produce is already labeled.

8. #428 eazye187, Oct 2, 2012
  9. #429 budsmokn420, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Yea, it's basically impossible to avoid GMOs in processed food. I don't even shop at whole foods, and when I do I don't buy anything processed. Even so, the non-gmo project label on processed foods is legit. The claim in the video is that EVERY product in whole foods isn't GM and I agree with that.

Also:

What Do Those Codes On Stickers Of Fruits And Some Veggies Mean?

[​IMG]

Edit: Holy shit lol some people in Cali are waaayyy too liberal. "Whole Foods must immediately donate $10,000,000" :laughing:

10. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

Yea, it's basically impossible to avoid GMOs in processed food. I don't even shop at whole foods, and when I do I don't buy anything processed. Even so, the non-gmo project label on processed foods is legit. The claim in the video is that EVERY product in whole foods isn't GM and I agree with that.

Also:

What Do Those Codes On Stickers Of Fruits And Some Veggies Mean?

Edit: Holy shit lol some people in Cali are waaayyy too liberal. "Whole Foods must immediately donate $10,000,000" :laughing:[/quote]

Yup and labeling products that contain or made of products containing GMO, would bring more of the negative attention GMOs need, instead of gmo's hiding behind the establishments stamp of approval. But it's no wonder they get the O.K. the head of the FDA is former Vice President of Monsanto.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/michele-simon/top-10-lies-told-by-monsa_b_1819731.html

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...ustry-profits-says-occupy-monsanto-2012-09-19

http://petovera.com/professional-we...bama-administrations-revolving-door-politics/

11. #431 budsmokn420, Oct 3, 2012
    Yea but at the same time it's promoting non-GMO processed foods which I think are still a huge problem. The only heavily GM foods are soy, corn, and grain (most notably wheat)....I guess potatoes too...but soy, corn, and grains shouldn't even be included in a whole foods and healthy diet, GM or not.

So honestly I would advocate a whole foods diet with some GMOs than a processed diet 100% free of gmos.

Plus, I'm against any kind of regulation in the market enforced by government. I'd rather stick with a trusted thrid party labeling watchdog group such as the non-GMO project over the government.

Also, he isn't the head (aka the comissioner) of the FDA, although he has a top spot there. That should probably tell you right off the bat that government cannot and should not be trusted with labeling mandates or any type of mandate for that matter.

12. #432 The Audion, Oct 3, 2012
    Looks like I found something to write a folk song about.

I'll call it "don't ya know what's in the food you eat?"

13. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

Yea but at the same time it's promoting non-GMO processed foods which I think are still a huge problem. The only heavily GM foods are soy, corn, and grain (most notably wheat)....I guess potatoes too...but soy, corn, and grains shouldn't even be included in a whole foods and healthy diet, GM or not.[/quote]

No disrespect but who cares about processed foods it's, that's not what's being discussed. It's whether GMOs are healthier than Organic food, and the truth is, it isn't.

[quote name='"budsmokn420"']
    So honestly I would advocate a whole foods diet with some GMOs than a processed diet 100% free of gmos.[/quote]

Noone said anything about having a processed diet, saying only some gmo's are in your nonorganic wholefoods is a joke unless you are saying organic wholefoods diet with some gmo. GMO's are worse than processed food there are tons of studies to prove it, all opposing studies were 90days or less, mostly funded by monsanto/dupont, and any long term studies beyond 90days showed severe problems in the test subject..[/quote]

[quote name='"budsmokn420"']
    Plus, I'm against any kind of regulation in the market enforced by government. I'd rather stick with a trusted thrid party labeling watchdog group such as the non-GMO project over the government.

Also, he isn't the head (aka the comissioner) of the FDA, although he has a top spot there. That should probably tell you right off the bat that government cannot and should not be trusted with labeling mandates or any type of mandate for that matter.[/quote]

Might as well be the commissioner with the power he is working with. My point is eating a GMO diet vs an Organic Diet is a no brainer. Specifics within the diets call for a different discussion, but eating GMO's is like eating a science experiment that's only been tested for short term effects.

14. Organic tobacco is great, and it makes a huge difference..
    Other than that I never noticed a real difference or benefit from organic food over non-organic.

15. @eazye I simply don't eat gmos or processed food lol I suggest anyone looking to be healthy do the same.

However, I think I'd rather eat some gmo sweet potatoes over organic non-gmo skittles or organic non-gmo fruit loops in a hypothetical situation. I'd like to see a study on processed/refined foods vs. gmo foods. I bet it would be a pretty close call.

16. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']@eazye I simply don't eat gmos or processed food lol I suggest anyone looking to be healthy do the same.

However, I think I'd rather eat some gmo sweet potatoes over organic non-gmo skittles or organic non-gmo fruit loops in a hypothetical situation. I'd like to see a study on processed/refined foods vs. gmo foods. I bet it would be a pretty close call.[/quote]

I don't eat processed foods either and saying organic non-gmo skittles you are making an ass out of yourself. Its just like saying organic non-gmo pepsi. The discussion isn't about processed foods, generally people who chose the organic route know the dangers of processed and refined foods.

17. #437 budsmokn420, Oct 3, 2012
    Then why do they care about labeling? Because the only GMO products that aren't currently labeled are processed foods lol

This is the point I've been trying to make. Also, I bet a giant amount of people for this prop. are vegans or vegetarians that eat loads of soy and grains, both of which are basically the antithesis to a healthy diet, especially wheat.

And again, why would you want the government being in charge of labeling items? Non-GMO project does a very good job and is much more trustworthy. Government demonstrates over and over and over again that is corruptible and is not efficient at it's job, yet you turn to it again for help? You even point out it's corruption with the FDA, yet you still push for more government. Why do you not trust an independent third party over the government?

If a company doesn't even bother to get non-GMO verified, why would you bother to support them by buying their product? If the company was looking out for your health, they would have already been non-GMO verified and they wouldn't need to be forced to by the guns of government.

18. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

Then why do they care about labeling? Because the only GMO products that aren't currently labeled are processed foods lol

This is the point I've been trying to make. Also, I bet a giant amount of people for this prop. are vegans or vegetarians that eat loads of soy and grains, both of which are basically the antithesis to a healthy diet, especially wheat.[/quote]

To be simple about it, because we have a right to know whats in our food.

19. No you have a right to your life, liberty, and property and earnings.

The proper way to deal with an issue like this is exactly how it is already being handled...through an independent third party watchdog group. If a company isn't getting verified already, they are not to be trusted and don't buy from them. Simple as that.

You keep assuming the government is some kind of benevolent entity.

20. Nice retort. Reminds me of why I have up on the thread in the first place.

Credit to Brenjin and a couple other posters whom, although I disagree with, use logical arguments.