Organic Cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Dec 23, 2011.

1. The link below will give you the lowdown on the goodies in Aloe Vera. Along with the salycilic acid, check out the the other hormones, enzymes, amino acids and such.

Page 1602/Table One. This plant rates right up there with kelp and comfrey IMO.

http://www.mdpi.org/molecules/papers/13081599.pdf

chunk

2. I have an aloe you know, I will do more with it...

thanks!

3. Skunk,

If I know you (and I think I kinda do) you'll be using more than just the Aloe to effect your grow...lol. The Pauwlonia Tea was off the hook......I can only imagine what's gonna end up fermenting next!

All the best to you and your family this holiday season.

chunk[​IMG]

4. #24 jerry111165, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
    What are everybodies thoughts on using just a tiny bit of aloe juice in my mister for when I try and combat the dryness of the house?

My biggest issue these days (winter cloning) is the dryness of the house - thus the misting.

Right now I am only using aloe and water to water the cuttings. There must be enough food in the aloe juice to get the cuts through until the root - I would think?

Wee, I also have a little 8 hole bubble cloner that I had built and it does work perfectly. I'm actually using it right now as a little "experiment". When I was using it as it was meant to be used, with open stem/exposed roots, it seems it would take forever for the rooted cuttings to adapt to soil, once they rooted and I put the rooted cuttings into dirt. Now I am trying it a little differently. I put fresh cuttings into their little peat cubesright into the little black plastic net pots, and in the reservoir I put aloe juice & water and dropped the clear dome over it all. This was 3 days ago, and so far so good - no wilting. The bubbler cloner I built works just on an airstone/airpump, and when the air bubbles pop on top of the water the little mist from the bubbles popping keep the peat cubes moistened.

I am hoping that this may be (a) solution for me. This way I still get to use me bubble cloner, and yet once the cuttings send out roots it will be int the peat cubes, and not just open hanging roots - eliminating the "transplant shock" wait time until the open roots adapt to the soil/peat.

I have others going my regular way of rooting just in the peat cubes and little peat pots w/ a tiny bit of Pro-Mix around them, so it will be interesting to see how well the bubble cloner works with the peat cubes in it!

Always interesting, gardening, isn't it?

Jerry.

5. That story sounds very familiar MIW.My 1st "successful" crop was down in Central Fl. 1989, using hyponex potting soil and Peter's 20-20-20. Talk about 120 volt weed.:eek:

6. #26 WeeDroid, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
    Merry Christmas Jerry. :)

Are you using any sort of dome over your cuts while they are rooting in cloner? I keep a dome over mine for the first 4-5 days to keep humidity levels up.

I don't use nets in mine, just rubber neoprene washers that hold the cut stems in place. Never have trouble with going to soil.

7. #27 badboy287, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    Hey..I was looking for a method myself some days ago, so i decided to give it a shot, first time taking clones.

My post is in that thread w pics, but to make it easier for this thread...ill repost what i did....

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/900774-cloning-into-soil-pics-7.html

Steps i took:
    -Take cuttings
    -Put in a cup of water
    -Mixed some sunshine#4 w castings -Mixed a slurry of castings,aloe juice, water,fish & seaweed,BMO plant tonic.
    Less than a tsp each (just my version of rooting gel/powder)
    -Dipped cuttings into slurry
    -Stick into cups

8. [quote name='"badboy287"']Hey..I was looking for a method myself some days ago, so i decided to give it a shot, first time taking clones.

My post is in that thread w pics, but to make it easier for this thread...ill repost what i did....

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/900774-cloning-into-soil-pics-7.html

Steps i took:
    -Take cuttings
    -Put in a cup of water
    -Mixed some sunshine#4 w castings -Mixed a slurry of castings,aloe juice, water,fish & seaweed,BMO plant tonic. Less than a tsp each (just my version of rooting gel/powder)
    -Dipped cuttings into slurry
    -Stick into cups[/quote]

Fyi the tonic is like the vam-endo and tm-7 from bio-ag ...so if you have that perfect, fish n seaweed is also optional.

9. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']
    I don't use nets in mine, just rubber neoprene washers that hold the cut stems in place. Never have trouble with going to soil.[/quote]

x2 cut bottom part of net cup off. Rooted clones in 7-14 days plain tap water temps average around 80f. I bubbled off chlorine. Change water once a week. I do get a stunt while they are filling out their root zone in soil (my theory only). Usually only 1 week.

10. #30 fif3l, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    i had poor results trying to clone straight into dirt. :(

bookechu- usually i have roots in about a week, but sometimes it takes 2 weeks or a lil more. if your cuttings are still green and growing, chances are theyre rooting. in my experience you can usually tell almost immediately when a clone is not taking root.

jerry- like weedroid said, ive found a dome is absolutely the best thing to keep the humidity at acceptable levels for the clones. if you use the party cups, icee lids from the gas station work great. (thx doc). ive also used gallon ziplock bags turned upside down over the pot and clone. with some holes of course. works wonders.

seriously you guys, ive found a plethora of information in just this one section. its no wonder so many people are intimidated by organic gardening, but i find it fascinating. thanks for leading the way.

11. I'm using a dome, yes, but getting just the exact humidity level is tough. sometimes I need to prop it up because its just too damn humid, and this is even with the little top vents opened wide.

I do find the domes and also the heat germination mats helpful this time of year tho.

jerry.

12. It's hard to have too much humidity for cuts. They're supposed to be at about 95% humidity the first few days.

13. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']It's hard to have too much humidity for cuts. They're supposed to be at about 95% humidity the first few days.[/quote]

Damn 95% and here i am with 30%.... :-(....im never gonna get any roots am i.

14. Just persevere. The trick is to keep your cuts alive until they start pushing out roots. If you don't have a dome, just keep on misting a lot, but do try to get a dome or something.

I'll check your othe thread when I get home.

15. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']

Just persevere. The trick is to keep your cuts alive until they start pushing out roots. If you don't have a dome, just keep on misting a lot, but do try to get a dome or something.

I'll check your othe thread when I get home.[/quote]

Yea they're still standing and perky so i guess theres hope yet, i have a plastic cup covering each individually.

Thanks bruh.

16. If your plastic cups makes a strong seal, take it off a couple of times a day to let it gas off/achieve some sort of gas exchange. Very important. After about 4-5 days take the cups/dome/plastic bags off, but keep misting. How often you mist depends on how dry your ambient atmosphere is.

The best way to learn how to clone is to do it a lot. ALWAYS take at least 5-10 more cuts than you plan on using.

17. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']If your plastic cups makes a strong seal, take it off a couple of times a day to let it gas off/achieve some sort of gas exchange. Very important. After about 4-5 days take the cups/dome/plastic bags off, but keep misting. How often you mist depends on how dry your ambient atmosphere is.

The best way to learn how to clone is to do it a lot. ALWAYS take at least 5-10 more cuts than you plan on using.[/quote]

They're kinda just resting on top not sealed, so im good there.
    I only cut two since my plant was so small to begin with, its my first time so i didnt wanna ruin the original VK incase no clones rooted.

18. And we have roots...can you see it?.. Took cuttings on the 19th, still waiting on number 2, fingers crossed.

Merry Christmas

Attached Files:

19. Jerry

Here's a hint for you - spray the inside of the dome. Not the plants themselves.

Here's another if you're having trouble getting as tight of a seal as you might want - take pieces of old bed sheets cut into 12" wide strips. Wet them and twist them like a rope and place those pieces around the lip of the tray and then put the dome on top of that. This will help you get the high HUMIDITY and not moisture.

Moisture - too much love in all the wrong places. Pretty much it was in the 8th grade.

LD