Organic clones 16 days..

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Blondie2014, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Should I be seeing roots??? I used aloe as a rooting hormone and peat moss as the medium. Cuttings look healthy, no wilting. But I'm not seeing growth, nor am I seeing roots. Granted I have not dissected the peat moss but don't see anything out the bottom. I have the cuttings roughly two feet below a fluorescent setup. Also still have a plastic dome on. Should I take off the dome and move them closer to the light? Seems I should see something by now. Wait til roots shoot out the bottom?? What ft anything should I be doing?? Thanks.

2. Do nothing. As long as they look healthy and aren't wilting, everything is good.

You might want to crack the dome a bit, or remove for a short period and increasing the time off as you go along. This will start hardening them off.

My particular strain takes close to a month to fully root.

Wet

3. Hi wet! You've given me some advice before thanks. Good,idea remove dome for short periods. I take it off for short periods while I mist and wet the lid so I'll extend that time a ways. I hope they take.

4. A lady organic grower described cloning like this, "First they look great, then they don't look as good, then they look terrible, then they root"

That's about it. I think they start pulling nutrients from the leaves to form the roots and they can look pretty gnarly, with yellow leaves and all. The top leaf or 2 should stay green though.

If they don't wilt and fall over they're usually ok. Don't move them closer to the light, 2' is plenty close enough.

Wet

5. also check your temperature. if its too cold rooting could take longer. i just had clones in peat/ewc and after 14 days i didn't see roots, stuck a heating mat under them and two days later roots appeared.
    then again it could of been just coincidence, but i think clones dont like it when its cold.

6. All excellent advice from Wetdog and Scooby Doobie.

Another way to crack the dome lid is to just lift it and turn it just a little bit so that it's not sitting perfect on the little black tray. Just offset it a tiny bit so that it lets a little air in at the bottom.

You're doing everything right. Scooby was right telling you that temperature means everything at this point of the game. A little extra warmth might be just what they need right now.

I sometimes find that too moist of a medium can lengthen rooting time. They can get comfortable in a wet base but if I let the medium dry just a little bit they will push out roots searching for that moisture.

You're fine at 16 days. I sometimes go 3 and even 4 weeks for cuttings and there are so many factors involved it can drive you crazy. Moisture, humidity, temperature, medium, variety. All you can do is wait. Maybe add a heat mat or warmth source if you have one.

J