~Organic Cabinet~ Healthy Stealthy Growing

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Shade-Z, Apr 24, 2014.

1. #1 Shade-Z, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
    Since late winter I have been tending a small garden for personal medicinal use. I want my crop to be as clean possible while still being naturally dank. I know organic growing takes more time and effort but I am willing to do so because the end product will be worth it. I want clean, delicious, buds that are free of chemical impurities, while still giving good THC production.

It can quite tough to grow organically and stealthily; Let's cut down to the main issues:

-No sunlight: Artificial lighting must be used. You must take into consideration the color spectrum and heat output. Be careful not to burn your plants, while still giving them enough light.

-Soil Mix: Remember to stay organic! This means no chemical based fertilizers! 
    Make sure to use organic soil. You can use compost but keep in mind the smell and taste of that is going into your plants. I don't really want shit tasting weed even if its good stuff. Personally I use rabbit poo. Its low-odor and healthy for the plants because rabbits have an all organic diet. I hear worm droppings are good too. Ground coffee and ground tea have worked for me.

-Water: Using distilled rain or well water if possible. Spring water and even purified water is fine, but keep in mind you are losing some natural nutrients and minerals. 

-Air Flow: It's a great idea to have some form of air movement, especially since you are in a restricted area. We must keep the area dry to ensure to molding will not occur. The plants like the feel of the airflow and will dance in the wind with joy :D
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    My Small Organic Cabinet Grow:
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I do plan on moving my plants to my actual strawberry patch once early summer comes around. I am going for an all organic strawberry kush. I may put one of them to grow with the cantaloupe and watermelon to see if I can get some melon flavored buds.

My soil mix is mostly all organic: Peat moss, redwood shavings, 10% ground black tea and 25% rabbit shit; Lightly sprinkled with perlite. The rabbit poo is really good for them, and it doesn't really stink. I mixed it with the soil decently well, along with a small amount (about 2 table spoons) of ground tea for each pot. I hear small amounts of caffeine is good for plant growth, and I have heard of tea-soil mixes being quite successful for gardening.

Water I use distilled well water in a 2 liter jug for main watering. You can distill your own water by just letting it sit for a few days in an open container such as a milk jug or empty bottle. This lets the water evaporate some impurities out. You can boil it beforehand, but I don't find it necessary. I also use a spray bottle filled with water, a small pinch of sugar, and a very small pinch of fruit punch kool-aide (no sugar added) all shaken up. I spray them with this occasionally so they kinda take on some of the color and smell. They really seem to like that stuff. :smoke:

Lighting: I have 2 lamps, a longer one leaning against the drain pipe that I can easily adjust, and short one mounted to the ceiling of the cabinet with wire binding from an old notebook. I keep a 2400K CFL in the short lamp at all times. I alternate the lighting in the longer lamp, however. Every few days or when I think the plants need it, I swap the CFL in the longer lamp for an incandescent bulb. This changes the spectrum up a bit and the plants seem to enjoy it occasionally. I almost burned one plant by having it too close once, so I repositioned the light it further up. Gotta be careful with that ! Thankfully the lil guy recovered. I only position the long lamp above the plants when I run the incandescent, as I am right now. Tomorrow I will use the CFL and keep that for another week or so until i run the incandescent for another 2 days.

My Air Flow: A simple computer fan I took from one of my old motherboards. I cut the end wiring off and wired it to an old phone power adapter. The small fan runs at a constant speed at a minimal amperage. (somewhere around 300-400 mA if that) It also helps cool the plants. The temperature is usually around 70-75 degrees, unless I run the incandescent the temperature jumps to 79 - 81 degrees. I WANT THESE BABIES IN THE REAL GARDEN SO BAD :p
    --------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------
    Something Unique?
    I also put my iHome down there so the lil ladies could listen to the radio during the day. They seem to enjoy it. I turn the volume down for them at night and put on a softer music station. During the day they listen to Hip-Hop/Rock/RandB. The iHome emits a soft blue LED night-light.  :lol:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well there you have it. My Organic Cabinet. Yes they are growing slow, but with time and care they should have some healthy and deliciously frosty buds come fall.
    They should start flowering in the next few months or so. Hopefully around june or sooner.
    Thanks for reading! What do you think about organic stealth growing?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]--------------------------
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. You spray your plants with kool-aid???????????????????????????????

kool.png

3. #3 Shade-Z, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    lol. Well yes but only a very small amount in a bottle full of water. It's a light pinchfull. You have to be careful not to overdo it. Be delicate with the beauties! 

4. #4 Shade-Z, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    I went out and bought some new soil and a 3 gallon pot today. Here is the soil I chose:

[​IMG]
    (click to enlarge)

5. Just dropping in to tell you that growing your buds in "shit compost " will not change the flavor of your buds .... Nor will planting with fruit give your plants a fruity profile

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Shade-Z, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014

Any plant takes on some properties of the environment it is grown in. If a plant is grown in a strawberry patch it's whole life it's bound to take on some of the smell and color of the fruits growing around it.

Haven't you heard of ditch weed? Bunk shit grown in ditches, mostly ruderalis "dirt" weed. Good quality weed should be kept in the garden with the other fruits of nature and cared for like you would any other crop. People wanting to "grow the best bud in the shortest amount of time" (basically people growing for profit) won't experience unique buds unless they are using feminized/auto flowering seed.

I am not using auto-flowering or any feminized seed. I am doing it "old school" and using plain seed (from some good middies around here). This is good because I can basically do with the plant what I want.

The "shit compost" is a small mixture of rabbit droppings, all organic peat moss soil, and ground tea. It's not really meant to change the flavor of my buds; But if your saying that growing your weed in shit won't give it a shit flavor come harvest time...well I would reconsider that. Like I said, a plant takes on some of it's environment. If you grow your weed in shit that stinks, your bud probably won't taste too good, even after flushing.