Oregon Supreme Court OKs firing workers using medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by tharedhead, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Oregon Supreme Court says OK to firing workers using medical marijuana | OregonLive.com

2. wow, how shitty

3. I agree, kind of discriminatory isn't it?:confused:

4. and they wonder why the country is in a recession.

5. As an oregonian myself im pretty angry at this. What fucking bullshit, now if you have a job and you have medical weed you cant have it? wow. And its hailed by buisness groups? FUCK THE CORPORATIONS!

6. So it's alright to come into work hung over from hell, but not to take your meds.

Jesus christ.

7. Its also okay to walk into your work buzzed on oxies or other types of prescription drugs, just aslong as your meds isn't marijuana

8. This is extremely unfair and unjust.

9. like buildin sand castles in a sandstorm...

10. Supreme injustice!:mad:

11. Until people start shooting these mother fuckers for doing shit like this it'll never stop. This just goes to show that it can be legal and they can still find ways to keep us from smoking.

12. Now, now, its not violence that is the answer. We just have to use the real law to show the courts have colluded with the corporation. Once its proven these courts work for the interest of the corporation, they will lose jurisdiction over the people

13. But what about the dude that got fired? He can't just wait for the change to happen peacefully, he has to pay his bills and shit. His bill collectors won't wait until prohibition ends so he can get his job back.

14. not surprising. For the entire history of this country the courts have consistently shown that they will side with businesses over the working man. Another story that continues to support my point that this country is a huge fucking joke.

15. Welcome to America- The greatest fascist nation on earth. The American people are only as "free" as we are gullible. :mad:

16. I think George Carlin's words of wisdom apply here.

Attached Files:

17. As a libertarian, I don't believe there should be government regulations over a businesses hiring/firing process.

If somebody owns a business they should be allowed to decide if they don't want someone to work there because the person is a man or a woman, black or brown or white, pregnant, disabled, on a certain medication, etc.

That's a right of a business owner and it shouldn't be restricted by the government.

18. this is what happens when the government turns into a federal corporation. more power to corporate america.