Oregon or Colorado

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dr. Treez84, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Ok so I am looking to grow outdoors next year and will be using a greenhouse. I am trying to decide between Colorado or Southern Oregon. The two areas I have been researching have about identical climates. Was wondering if anyone had experience in either area or any advice they would like to pass along. I have been growing outdoors in california for a few years and am ready for new opportunities but the cold is something i have never faced. Thank you

2. Colorado seems to be ahead of OG as far as recreational marijuana. Come Jan 1 it will be sold to 21 and over and you can have up to an oz.

3. colorado hands down the air is so much cleaner than oregon i lived in east oregon right on the coast for 3 years until i moved to coniffer colorado colorado is just better and people in the mountains are so much more friendly 

4. Wow...goin the other way on this one but you'd have to drag me kickin and screaming out of the State of Jefferson...

5. Oregon for me, thats where i will be next year.. 

6. As legal as weed might be here in Colorado, it is still illegal and will remain illegal to grow outdoors here. If everyone started growing outdoors there would be bigger issues with pollination problems. Keep it in Oregon! ;-)

not that i would ever move there but who are you to tell me or anyone where they can or can't grow

8. #8 CoLoKiD, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    Lol ur funny. You cyber bully. Lol

Ok someone edited/deleted a couple posts....

Just avoiding a modern day weed rush. I'm an outdoor grower myself. Anyone can grow wherever they please. Just Please don't grow any males within 3 miles of me :)

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386553470.119166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 mendo clouds, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    You're an ass...and you'll learn that the fakers won't last in this biz.  Oh and pollination...that was funny...

11. #11 CoLoKiD, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    Alright, apparently no one here can take a joke! And it's a good thing I'm real. You had me going. Dude asks Oregon or Colorado, of course I'm gonna say Oregon because I'm from Colorado. If I lived in Oregon I'd have said Colorado. And trust me, I had co worker have all his plants pollinated from his neighbor who grew all male plants. Thanks to him I've got 100+ seeds for next years outdoor! And I'm far from an ass if you read any of my post history, I've been nothing but helpful and as informative as I can. Thanks and good smoking to ya!!

I guess the wink I left at the end of it didn't translate like I thought. It was supposed to be a wink to indicate that I'm only BSing him about where to live......

12. Ok maybe calling you an ass was a bit harsh. A lot of people ask me how to move up to the triangle and as long as they are willing to contribute and be positive members of our community I offer nothing but open arms...cooperation makes everyone rich.  What are you so worried about...his bud is better than yours?  

13. It's not illegal to grow outdoors here... There's just strict guide lines

14. #14 CoLoKiD, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
    Marijuana home growing has to be done "in an enclosed, locked space" and "not conducted openly or publicly," according to amendment 64.

That may create wiggle room for marijuana to be grown in outdoor greenhouses, but it is unlikely meant to allow you to grow pot next to your rose bushes. So if you want to call that outdoor then that's fine.... There are two sides to every coin. That's what debates about.

Edit: And just so everyone knows, I'm just stating what I believe the law to state. I'm in no way dissing outdoor growing or discouraging it. I grow outdoor myself.

15. I grow outdoors next to my rosé bushes in a locked secured backyard and not in public eye and nobody has said anything to me. Like u said as long as nobody can see it and its not hear any schools and its in a secured area u can do so. Also here on the front range I know a dispensary that grows outdoor and they are the ones that told me my info.

16. Same shit here or that what i do at least 

17. ya...kinda security 101 keep it behind a gate and outta sight...I do that more for rippers than .gov

18. colorado if you dont have kids in school :bolt:

19. #19 norml56, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013

HuH?

The herb must be better in Colorado because it has this guy all turned around.

go get a refund on your research. there is lots different. but if you're a GH grower, does it really matter as long as the winds are manageable?

maybe S.E. Or. ( which isn't by the coast FTR for the fool who said so)...but that's fascist/Mormon territory..they scalp hippies and growers over there. ;) . Not kidding, from Cave to the Idaho border, the sheriffs in those counties have gotten a bit rabid.

Still, myself, I'd say Oregon.

just cause

A. that my present home, so it MUST be the best place ..lols ;)

B. Dispos become legal in March ..leaving a wider open market then Co. Just beware the same entities that fucked over Washingtonians..are here in force.,........ The THC Foundation.

just a word of advice if you do relocate here.... don't mention you came from Cali. you've come here to be by family .. or something...ANYTHING.... but "I came here from Cali to make $$"