Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oregon medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by KyleSmith, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Hello guys and gals,

I was wondering if anyone thinks I even have a chance of getting my mmj card here in Portland. Over the past 2 years or so I have been to the doctor for depression, anxiety, insomnia, nausea, and back pain and also wrist pain. I have been on about 3-4 anti depressants, currently on Zoloft. I have been prescribed two types of sleeping pills, none of which have worked by the way, and am going to the insomnia clinic within a few weeks. I have also been on a few anxiety medications but have stopped taking them because I noticed no significant improvement. I haven't taken anything for my back or wrist pain as I am scared to. People very close to me have struggled through addiction with painkillers and it's not something I want to touch. I think I have a fairly decent chance, but wanted to get some input before I drop the cash since money isn't exactly growing on trees at the moment.

Thanks!

2. Insomnia and depression are not qualifying conditions in Oregon, unfortunately. If you have a clear dx and at least 3 visits in the past year for nausea, back pain,wrist pain...

http://public.health.oregon.gov/Dis...edicalMarijuanaProgram/Documents/statutes.pdf

3. Yes you have a very good chance, give one of the mmj doc clinics a call all you should need is your doc records for the back and wrist pain, as well as anything else. I assume you already smoke and know that it helps with all of your afore mentioned conditions. However if you havnt you should try it to make sure it helps you. I would most defiantly get your card it's worth the $ to know your legal and safe, plus your in the best city in our state for mmj you have the world famous cannabis cafe as well as many other clinics and "dispensaries" however our mmj laws are not the best when it comes to how to pay for our meds it's better than not being legal a all.