Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oregon medical and landlord liability please help.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by missionsix, May 14, 2009.

1. Just got done with the discussion w/the landlord(I've known them for many years). They are OK with the grow, but, concerned with any liabilities (understandably). They are going to do some research and get back to me pending what they find out. Does anyone have any additional info regarding this? I don't see much mention in the laws. I'm going to re-read them again. Any help is much appreciated. All I can do to re-pay is add to rep........:)

2. No-one has any insight? This is my last hurdle before getting knee deep.

3. Here in Cali, some of the buildings where clubs were, the landloards were getting harassed by the fuzz. They were saying that if they don't kick them out, that they would take there property. My understanding is that they would have to A) Find your grow, and B) notify your landlord about it and then threaten him that if they don't evict you, they will mess with him. By talking to him about it, you took away the one thing that he could have really used: Plausable denayability. I have a similiar situation, in that I have a landlord that knows what I do and am very close with. We talked about it once before I signed the lease and that was it. I don't smoke with them, I don't talk to them about the green, I don't tell them shit. It is best like that. That way, god forbid something happens, they won't have to fake the look on there face when the cop tells them that there 200+ MJ plants in there place. That suprise is priceless.

4. Well, to clarify the above poster's points:

1) The clubs were not harassed by the "fuzz" it was the DEA who sent threatening letters to landlords, which did force a number of clubs to close. The letters threatened to seize the property if they didn't evict the tenants. NOT ONE landlord actually had property seized, it was a hollow threat, that unfortunately worked.

2) In California there is no protection for patients at the moment for landlord issues, however, it's already fairly difficult for land-lords to evict in several cities in Calfornia. Each city has it's own laws regarding housing, so you'll have to check with the fair housing board in your city.

3) If your land-lord is already cool with you being a patient and the grow, that's a big step. Just make sure that you're following all the rules as set forth in the legislation, and don't grow TOO MUCH. Also, don't sell or distribute out of your apartment, but that's a no-brainer anyway.

5. There has not been any medical grow properties seized in Oregon. Just have a lease signed by you which says no illegal activities. if you are a patient - your grow is legal if you keep plant count within legal limits.

clinton

6. Thanks for the replies everyone....... I got the approval from the landlords. Already have my system built:).