Ordering new lights.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lanny17, Feb 20, 2015.

1. I'm looking into getting better lights right now I have 100w of cfl. I'm switching spectrums so that's helping but I want more. I only do 1 plant at a time so should I get 150w cfl or a 300w. I'm sticking with cfl for the time being because I don't have enough space for hps/mh air ducts.

Also how risky would you say it is having a hood and light shipped to a province where growing is not tolerated ? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424392489.423122.jpg

2. Anyone?

3. #3 KrunksGroove, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
    Shoot. Maybe don't mention your grow isn't entirely legal on an internet forum. Jokes aside, I would go with the 300w if heat isn't an issue. (I haven't used CFL so I don't know how much heat they turn out.) I would imagine size would also be relevant in a small grow area, assuming that the 300w is larger.

Just an uneducated guess to give you something to gnaw on while you wait for others to reply. 

Edit: Also, shipping stuff shouldn't be an issue. There are plenty of people who by grow equipment to grow various other things legally, it won't raise any red flags.

4. I'd go with multiple, smaller watt bulbs to help spread the light more evenly across the plant.

I used six 40w CFLs w/ reflectors for one plant for my first grow and it turned out well. If you have a problem with the amount of fixtures needed, you can get Y splitters so that two bulbs only need one cord.