Orange stuff growing on top of my growing medium

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Akia23, Jun 9, 2017.

1. I recently germed 5 Sour D seeds, maybe a week and a half ago so I've been watering them daily for that time span. Still no sprouts but this morning I woke up and noticed there were orange ball like things on top of the soil. I have provided pics. My questions are what are those balls, are they bad and if so how do I get rid of them to save my crop?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

2. You shouldn't have watered them daily, they need a minimal amount of water in the seedling stage. It's probably mold

• Like Like x 1
  3. What do I do to fix it?

4. By the way, light distance ok? 300w led[​IMG]

5. Too close for seedlings..I would start at between 24-30" to start..Then gradually lower it as they grow..
    Depending on manufacturer..
    I have a few Meizhi 450's and the manufacturer sent this..Hope it helps you..
    "MEIZHI Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
    for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower - Dual Growth/Bloom Switch Daisy Chain Following the product manual, please pay attention to the NOTICE before you start use. I really hope it may help you a lot.
    Advised light above plants for seeding,growth and flowering time:
    Germination-------------24-30 inches
    Vegetable -- --------18-24 inches
    Flower------12-18 inches
    Advised Lighting Time:
    Vegetative Stage: 18-20 hours on,4-6hours off; Flowering Stage: 12 hours on,12hours off. Veg: 18/6 or 20/4; Flower: 12/12"
    BTW: 300watts are maybe 125-150 true watts..My450's are maybe 225-250 true watts..just sayin..:)

6. Ok

7. And the mold?

8. Never saw orange mold myself..Maybe over watered??
    Get a teaspoon and gently scoop it up and dump it..Then place some fresh DRY soil where you took away the mold..Just a thought..

9. When I water I normally use a spray bottle on the mist setting that sufficient?

10. Depends on how much you spray..I used to use a spray bottle on seedlings, but switched to an eye dropper..
    Eye droppers put the water only where you want it
    and easy to measure out the right amount..A disposable syringe is a good way too!

11. Also a small fan blowing gently over the lings will help prevent mold.

12. Grab a few Pipettes from ebay or amazon
    upload_2017-6-9_15-19-2.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. if they haven't popped after a week and a half, I'd just trash em and start again

14. i use solo cups with fox farms and use plastic bags ontop before they sprout because one time a bird ate my seed when it was about to sprout but i just mist the bag and seed and it sprouts in a few days sorta same until the plant gets about 2 weeks old. make sure to germinate first i put the seeds in water then let them drop and make tails until i put them in wet paper towels in a bag for another 2-3 days misting them once a day and they make huge tails which speeds up the time it takes the seed to pop.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mix 1 pint of water with 4 to 5 tablespoons of household hydrogen peroxide (3 to 9 percent strength) in a spray bottle. Shake to mix thoroughly, and spray it on the affected plants daily. Once the fugus disappears, you may continue to spray the plant daily to avoid its return. Also over watering causes the fungus, make sure you have sufficient wet/dry periods.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk