Orange spots spreading on my plants w/ PICS

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bobmarleyo21, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Some of my plants are developing orange spots on them.
    They are almost 2 weeks old in these pics which I took earlier
    I'm not sure why is happening cuz its only happening to 4 out of my 12 plants.
    It could possibly light burn, Ph, nute def but i'm not sure.
    I'm going to test my Ph water run off tomorrow when I water them.
    I need to know what I could do to help fix this problem or if anyone knows what is wrong that would be nice too:D

Attached Files:

2. hey bro,

i had the exact same thing happen to my plants. they were also about two weeks old. it started out with orange spots spreading to brown-gray patches. i think it was a fungus. it destroyed two of my leaves.

the fungus stopped growing after i didn't water for a few days and gave her some better ventilation. don't give them any nutes, they don't need it at this stage.

not sure it's the same thing, but you may want to move those four plants away from the others so that they don't catch the fungus too.

by the way, it may not be fungus... but it was in my case lol. i have pictures of it in my sig if you want to compare.

good luck!

3. I looked at ur pics my look a little different.
    my camera is shitty but their is no brown its only orange spots on the leaves
    I don't think its fungus on my though
    btw great pics in ur thread

4. #5 hipster, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    I'm not sure what's going on there but use distilled water with a neutral ph of 7 next time you water and check the runoff.

Get a humidifier/Vaporizer too. You have got to get that humidity up from the 30s.

5. when I watered today with water from my fridge the ph of the runoff was between 6.5-7.0
    and the humidity is up to about 35%

6. c'mon peeps i need advice on this

7. STICK A CUP OF WATER OR 2 IN BOX IT WILL INCREASE HUMIDITY LOL

and what kind of soil is it? miracle grow? and i would say ph you want 6.5 that is the perfect ph spot within .2 either way is OK, but 6.5 is the best

just ram a couple cups full of water in there to get humidity up you want it around 30% when you flower so ya.... what strain? bag seed? watering schedule? age? give us all the info buddy.

8. I have a 5 gallon bucket of water in the tent. and a fan blowing on low
    The soil is FFOF.
    The humidity is around 35% and the temp is around 70
    10 strawberry cough seeds, and 2 SSH seeds.
    Water every 3 days
    2 weeks old
    400 watt MH bulb is 18 inches from the tallest plant atm

9. More pics of the mysterious orange color on 4 of my 12 plants:confused:

Attached Files:

10. the orange color on my plants is still spreading
    a 5th is starting to turn orange now too
    I don't know what to do....

11. do the leafs feel silky smooth or do they feel more like paper?:confused::confused::confused:
    have you checked ph? pests?

12. kinda papery
    the ph is between 5.5-6.0 (to low for soil):mad:
    no pests

13. that is def. deadly evil ph imbalance lol bring it up .5 or .6 and wait a week

14. I've been trying, been watering with water of a ph of 7 but the ph of the soil isn't increasing

15. ok this is going to sound insanely drastic..... when its time for the next watering. i want you to dump around PH 8. straight into her. i find i want to take at least 1.5 ph higher than i want water through it to even your drain off out. then water 6.5ish after that. its basicly a flush, but a flush to break your ph problem for good.

if that does not work than......ummm....... use better soil lol

16. So i'm going to water with water of a ph of 8 then right after that I water with water of a ph of 6.5 basically giving the plants twice as much water as I normally do?

17. No you might drown em unless you have a large amount of perlite in your soil. Add between 1/2-1 ounce h2o2 to your flushing water and you'd be able to flush with more water since it'll have more dissolved oxygen in it. Does your container and soil drain fast? Fox Farm is good soil just add a bunch of perlite to it. I'd run a 50/50 mix if I still grew in soil.:smoking:

18. Think is should just water with my tap water then the ph of it is 8.8
    all give them a little extra water next time that might help them flush
    and container/soil drains pretty fast.

19. Whew that's some alkaline water! Adjust it down to 7.5 at least or you'll shock em from such a rapid change. If your drainage is pretty fast like you say than flush a few times in a row. How big are the containers your growing in?