Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Orange Peels+Weed=Mold ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by burped, Apr 13, 2011.

1. I heard around here if your weed is pretty hard just put a peel in for an hour, but wouldn't that create humidity in the plastic bag/ or jar that your containing it in, and cause fungus/mold/bacteria production ?

2. That's why you only leave it in an hour or so and not overnight :)

3. And you dont let the peel touch the weed.

There is no humidity in the bag.

IF you want to get technical. the humidity is Zero. because theres no moisture in it.

Any water vapor in the bag is going to be absorbed by the weed.

If you make the mistake of putting something soaking wet inside your bag. you will get mold.

If you let any organic matter touch your bud, it will get mold.

Other then that, it will be safe.

4. I just soak a paper towel in water and squeeze as much water out of it as possible before putting it in the bag. Humidifying material and weed should never touch as the weed will suck the water out of it, inviting mold. If you're really worried about it leave the bag open when you put your peel it in. This allows some humidity to excape, rehydrating your weed slower.

5. It's an herb you're smoking man, it's supposed to be dried :confused:

6. theres differently levels of "dried"

Im not sure, but I think the proper term is "cured"

And there is a difference between properly cured weed and poorly cured weed.

It affects the taste, and how fast the herb burns.

The drier the weed, the quicker it burns, which means the longer it stays lit while you arent inhaling it, which equals lost herb.