Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Orange Peel in Mason Jar?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stealf, Apr 20, 2011.

1. I put an like 1/10 of an orange peel in my mason jar with about a gram or so in there and its pretty wet, I've done this a couple times with this one gram because it keeps drying out. I open the jar once a day as well. If I keep making it moist and dry will it be affected THC wise?

Oh and I'm not a daily smoker so I dont smoke much and I havent gotten around to using my personal stash so thats why I have had it for about 2 weeks now.

2. I don't know if weed acts like bread or whatever, but too much moisture may make it grow mold. I'm sure someone else can let you know for sure though.

3. Too much moisture will definitely lead to moldy bud.

OP- if you keep your bud in a mason jar you shouldn't need to put an orange peel in it. You don't want really moist bud anyways.

4. I wouldn't leave it in there for more than a day for sure

I'm not too sure, but I don't really think adding moisture and drying out buds over and over is gonna help

Also, like the poster above me said - its best to use the orange peel method if you're not storing the bud in a mason jar

5. Kay thanks guys, is mold noticeable?

6. if its a mason jar this idea is stupid

7. oh yeah, mold is noticeable, you will notice it on the orange peel. It happened to me once, and I will never make that mistake again. Good thing there wasn't much left, but still sucks to lose a couple nugs and whatnot. :mad:

8. usually you notice the smell first, if you're talking about weed mold