orange hairs and small buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yellow bic, Mar 3, 2009.

1. the nodes are turning orange on my clones but the buds are virtually nonexistent

whats wrong? im no more than three weeks at the most into flowering

2. are you sure you mean the nodes are turning orange?

3. Nodes or hairs?

Non-existent buds? Don't you know how far into flowering you are?

A picture is worth a thousand words...

4. hairs are turning orange haha my bad.

ill try and get a pic when its time for them to see light again.

ill im really worried about is the hairs are turning orange which i have read means harvest is getting closer, and yet the buds them self are pretty small.

5. Dude, I had a plant on my last grow that had primarily orange hairs for the majority
    of its flowering cycle. Wasnt a problem for me. And another plant which had white hairs
    up until harvest and didnt orange up until after I cut them down.

As was a said.. pics would be nice!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

6. Well yes harvest is getting closer, but the color of the pistils is not an indicator of the plant being ready for harvest.

7. you could use a microscope or magnifier to look at the trichomes to tell if its ready to harvest

8. I can guarantee that it is not ready to harvest at 3 weeks into flower. I have grown some plants through the years that did this same thing. I remember I had one strain(bagseed) that gave me pink pistils, looked very cool. A jewelers loupe, magnifying glass or pocket microscope is a valuable piece of equipment for timing your harvest. If you've done your homework, you know that with this you can see the details of trichome development and ripeness. When to harvest is up for debate because a change in timing can change the effects of the end product. When the glandular trichomes are clear with very little, if any coloration, THC levels are at their peak with CBD and CBN both at levels that will not overly influence the THC with their sedative effects. Some prefer more overwhelming narcotic type effects, allowing the resin glands to cloud and begin to amber or darken to increase overall cannabinoid content. The resin glands appear and therefore will mature at different times. A compromise is made when determining the desired overall maturity level to harvest. It depends on the growers preference in effect and palate.

9. i didn't say it was ready to harvest i was suggesting him to use that way "to tell when it is ready to harvest"

• Like Like x 1