Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

oral cannabis bioavailability-questions for data

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by clayi21, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Ardent also has some good lab results on their website regarding using the Lift to infuse after you use it to decarb. Tried it a few weeks ago with some coconut oil, which I made cookies out of and had pretty good results.

https://ardentcannabis.com/how-to-infuse-cannabis/

2. Haven't tried lecithin or coconut yet. I've only done it twice with olive oil.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Please state your Age, Male or Female, State of Residence
    66, Female, Virginia

1. How long have you been consuming cannabis and how often do you consume it?
    51 Years, daily

2. How often is it orally consumed cannabis (edibles, tinctures etc)?
    every five to seven days

3. Do you use cannabis for medical or recreational purposes?
    Both

4. How much money do you spend on cannabis per month?
    ~ $100

5. Do you make your own cannabis infusions? If so, what types?
    Yes, Green Dragon, Coconut cannabis oil and capsules, cookies

6. Are you aware of your total dose amount (active ingredients) every time you consume cannabis?
    ~ 100 mg

7. Do you feel consistent effects from orally consumed cannabis?
    No

8. Do you believe orally consumed cannabis has high or low rates of absorption into the human circulatory system?
    I do not know

9. Do you use any specific methods or ingredients to try to improve the solubility of your infusions? If so what?[/QUOTE]
    No

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks for the feedback Joker! Do you think the reason for the lack of consistency from the edibles is due to inconsistency of the cannabis itself (variety, cannabinoid levels), your method of preparation, other factors (full stomach, empty stomach, time of day) or just unknown reasons?

5. I'm generally inconsistent! I think it has to do with circumstances rather than inconsistent preparation, but think the biggest reason is tolerance. I develop tolerance and increase dosage to keep up. That doesn't work for long and I need a tolerance break. I like a 1:1 THC:CBD when using medically to regulate my mood or for back pain. My tolerance goes up quickly when regularly medicating for these health issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Totally agree! My wife experiences a lot more inconsistencies than I do, but I've certainly been building up tolerance over the years and must rely on tolerance breaks every now and again to reset. With oral applications I definitely notice inconsistency related to stomach/digestive activity. Consuming during or right after eating seems to have much less effects than when I'm consuming on an empty stomach. I guess everyone's individual metabolism plays a pretty big role as well.

• Like Like x 1