Options for cooling grow room?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by threepinripper, Jun 25, 2009.

1. This might be better served in the general indoor section...not sure. My grow room is 8'x15'x7 and I have 4 1000w lights connected in a line with ducting. Connected to the lights I have a 6" high velocity in line style fan capable of 440 cfm, which draws air from my crawl space where the temp is about 65. On the other end of the light duct it exhausts back into the crawl space at the other end of the room. I also have an 8" inline fan carbon filter combo exhausting into the crawl space in the middle of the room. With all 4 lights on and the fans blowing it still gets upwards of 90 in the room. What are my best options? I was considering an A/C unit...or maybe more fans pulling air from the crawl space. If I constantly vent the room then I will be wasting so much CO2. Sorry for the super long post!

2. WOW 4 1000 Watters huh,youll have plenty of light olright! Had the same heat problem,with much less light,I ended up getting a small window unit a/c for 100 bucks,thats prolly ur best bet.Dry ice I dont think would brind the temperature down enough,and If you need more humidity look for a water cooler,they are louder than an a/c but are cheaper to run too.:)
    Good luck on the grow.:smoking:

3. Dude if I am picturing this right in my head you are running into a problem because you are not actually exhausting the heat from the grow area. For example I dump all of the heat from my grow into my attic, which vents outside. What your doing wrong is dumping it all into crawl space so that air eventually heats up not cooling your lights at all. What I recommend you try doing is completely removing the air from the grow completely to another room so that the crawl space air is always that 65 degrees and not being heated by the air continuously being recycled into the crawl space. If you can dump the air outside of the house completely.

4. I guess I should have mentioned that the crawl space is 6' tall and goes under the whole house. It is not a small area where the air would get recirculated back into the system. After a little research, I feel like my best (and only) option would be to get an AC unit in there.

5. ac units work great got my tent in a room and temps where reaching 102 got a ac and shazzam 77:cool: cooler than the other side of the pillow

6. Are you using a portable type of AC unit? If so, what make and model?