optimum temp and distance from light??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phantomgrower, Oct 23, 2009.

1. hey im just wondering what the optimum temp range is for when my babies are in veg state. my light is about 20-22 inches from the peak of the plants..is this too far? i find that this range gives me about the 27degree area when the light is on and about 21 when its off. im running a 1000W air cooled light. ill try to get some pics up when the light comes on...but can anyone give me some advice or suggestions.

thx

2. put your hand under the light and remember what spot it gets to hot to keep your hand there and put the tops of your plants somwhere around there. idealy as close to the light as possible, just dont wanna burn them...

3. problem is...the light is in an air cooled hood with a glass sheild on the bottom...and the glass is cool enough to put ur hand on it with no problem. but around the 15 inch mark im getting the temp about 32 degrees by the tops of the plants. so i just kept moving the light up till i got the optimum temp range. is 20 inches too far from the light for the plants to get enough of the lumens?

4. Hmmm I think 32c for days on end is a little high. I know they tolerate this in the 'wild' but indoor you really need a little cooler I think.

Can you get a little extra air exchange to cool it slightly? Perhaps about 15- 18 " away would be better - if you can get that close.