Optimal Set up?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DoobieMcBlunt, Mar 28, 2012.

1. I am currently growing in a 48x48x80 tent. I have a 430 w HPS light and 80 w in flo's. 510 w total. i currently have 1 lady growing and it seems to be loving it. but i have 2 more flo bulb's that i have taken out since it got my tent to hot. question is should i put the bulbs back in and do more for ventilation or should i keep it as is? also how many plants can i fit comfortably i am not looking to grow mass amounts i would like to grow quality.

thanks for reading

2. Increase airflow because you'll want some adjustment if possible. Even with central air and my house temps stable different times of the year I get fluctuations in tent temp and humidity. I'm not far south of ya so we have climate in common, and yes we have seasons in WA for all you naysayers

And welcome to the forum

3. I doubt those fluorescents are adding much. I would take them out. And if your ventilation in and out is bad, you should be improving that anyway.

4. i currently have a fan that holds 2 8" blades and the alter from intake/exhaust. just by having the 2 extra flo's it puts the tent from 84.3 F to 94 F+. which i believe is way to hot. i will try to figure out more ventilation and hopefully add the other 2 lights back in.

5. In a small space, tent closet whatever if there is a halide I would have it in a cooltube or glass enclosed hood and get an inline and suck the heat off the lamp and use passive intake to start and add a small duct to the intake if needed later.

And 84f is my ceiling without CO2