optimal conditions for my plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tommyT2018, Jan 3, 2019.

1. what are the optimal conditions for these little plants ? IMG_20190102_075425.jpeg

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

2. Every strain has its own "optimal conditions", we need more info to help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. its lemon haze pal but a more indica version it has clear indica thick dark leaves

4. Lets see ur grow room and equipment u got what soil..nutes..fans..filter ect

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

5. The Vapor Pressure Deficit chart gives optimal temp and humidity for generic plants.
    Subtract 5-7 F from air temp to get leaf temp, then stay in the green.
    Ignore the numbers inside the rectangles.
    Following the chart is supposed to yield maximum growth, which I can confirm.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. under white lighting or led not under a hps

• Like Like x 1
  7. how does that work though when the humidity is meant to be 45-50 in flower the chart says the temp should be 21.1?
    the temp for growing in flower is 26c so surely that doesnt make sense or im understanding you wrong

8. You are interpreting the chart correctly, but don't forget to subtract about 3 C from air temp to get leaf temp.
    A 26 C air temp is about a 23 C leaf temp, and the chart says 55% to 85% humidity is acceptable.
    The chart is supposed to maximize growth, and whether we should maximize growth during flower is debatable.
    Personally, I follow the chart from seed to harvest in DWC, and have never had any bud rot.
    I prefer using the results of academic research on generic plants to grow cannabis over using unproved opinions about cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thank you for taking the time to explain that to me pal it makes sense to me now :D so would you say, if its impossible for me to get to the humidity i want at the temp i need. id be better lowering the temperature abit to increase my humidity? to hopefully get better growth? or is temperature more important than humidity?

id like to try dwc one day.. it definitely seems the best way to go for my ocd brain lol how much do you get of one plant?

10. you can use a chart as a base chart . depending on where you are in the world the co2 is different or if your adding it .then other factors are varied into it. again what lighting are you under ? it looks yellow. it will slow down the veg indeed and increase stretch .

11. I'd guess that the closer you come to the VPD chart the better growth will be, even if you can't strictly obey it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hps matey but ive got some mh bulbs i could use. would they be better? i was just using them as side lighting at the moment when the room needs that extra heat i put them on.

13. i see pal well thanks again ill take all this info into consideration :D