Oppose Prop 19

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by DankTank831, Sep 30, 2010.

1. There is no good factual evidence.. Its from the point of view of someone who opposes weed.

2. it's satire buddy

3. You didn't read it, did you. :smoke:

It's very well done, actually... though I can see why many people will have a kneejerk reaction to the URL.

4. VOTE YES ON PROP 19:wave:

5. #6 morefreedom, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
    "If it weren’t for Harry we wouldn’t know that marijuana use reflects extreme moral turpitude."

hahaha nice website love it. Fuck Harry I'm getting baked :smoking:

My favorite: " Smoke marihuana cigarettes for a month and what was once your brain will be nothing but a storehouse of horrid specters"

I know that people weren't exactly as smart about things back then as they are now. But realley? Seriously... they believed that?

6. Sadly, tens of millions of people still do... and are quite willing to throw billions of dollars and jailtime at the non-existant issue. :mad:

7. "Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

This is the first bold statement that website had to offer... how seriously can you take them, when the first thing they draw your attention to is a blatant, and obviously disprovable lie?

That sentence applies more to, I don't know, chicken that it does to weed. At least people actually can suffer from insanity, criminality and death when exposed to prolonged hunger.

It's like accusing people who smoke herb of being capable of breathing.

8. It's satire:laughing:

9. 70 years ago people believed all these lie and in 70 more years people will look back at this time and be like WTF? Are you serious this medicine was illegal?

10. wo Negros took a girl fourteen years old and kept her for two days under the influence of hemp. Upon recovery she was found to be suffering from syphilis."

smoke bud=get syphilis .....wear a condom when you blaze to stay safe guys lol

11. #12 BadKittySmiles, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
    Sadly, there are a lot of people who truly agree with all the sentiments expressed in that web page. You can definitely tell that the author isn't taking it seriously of course, and he probably doesn't oppose 19, but he's repeating what a lot of stubborn folks still believe and use today as arguments against cannabis.

edit- I could almost see that website having an intense following among the opposition, before they even realized he's poking fun at them =-P