Opinions on which LED is best

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Ancient3328, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Hey guys, so I have been researching the HLG led's and have really liked what I have seen. I had been looking at the 600 watt version of their light. A friend recently mentioned the Fluence Spydr line of lights and was referencing the new 685 watt version. My question is, I was under the impression that the Samsung diodes in the HLG lights were the absolute top of the line currently on the market, while the COB set ups in the Fluence line were second best. Is there a particular reason that I am not seeing that they are so expensive? The Fluence Spydr that is 685 watts is running 1500 dollars compared to the HLG 600 at 723 pre built. Just wanted to check and see in case I had missed something, thanks guys!

2. Fluence Spydr that uses COBs? What product exactly are you referring to?
    In any event quantum boards are the way to go, save the money, and you wont be disappointed.

3. So I’ve been doing research to find the perfect led grow light for a very long time. The first fixture to catch my eye was hlgs. They have a great specs to price retail but upon research I found multiple cases of the fixture having very ooor build quality in some cases and bad customer service in the warranty dep. I’m an electrician and I recently helped convert a huge grow op from hps to fluence led and the results were amazing. The price is high but the spectrum is a bit better than the hog in my opinion and the quality of the light is superior and the warranty is so easy I just deal with store I bought it from and they handle contacting the manufacturer. So I decided to but the spydr 2p I got mine out the door for 1490 with a dimmer. So far my plants are loving it after 24 hours of potting my Co es no wilting and already new sprouts so wish me luck and hope your grow goes well

4. How are the hog lights working out for you I was going to buy one but exited to go with fluence I’m 9 days in now wish me luck

5. If you want to forget price and talk about the best boards on the market then I think that the invisible sun ISH272R is the best board on the market. It's all Samsung diodes. They use a 301b for the whites and the LH-351h for the deep reds and far reds.

It's the only board I know of that has far reds on the board. Everyone is putting reds and deep reds on the boards with the whites now. It's the newest thing but nobody except Invisible sun is putting far reds on the boards with the deep reds. Everyone else makes you buy those separately.

Mixing deep reds and far reds creates the emerson effect so the Invisible Sun boards are emerson effect boards out of the box.
    ISH272R featuring deep 660nm and far 730nm red. Powered by Samsung LM301H /LH351H
    [​IMG]

This is the qb288 rpec spectrum. Look at how much longer the Invisible Sun board's spectrum is.
    [​IMG]

6. My budget is low, lol. So it is more suitable for me. :love-m3j: Anyway, wish you a good luck.

• Like Like x 1