Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

opinions on tin foil?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by engaged44, Jun 7, 2010.

1. i know you really should use it for a last resort. im the kinda guy who will only blaze every now and then. i usually do it every other month and when i do it it'll be like a week straight everyday or night. it all depends lol

so i wanna know what do you guys think about it? everytime i've done it i usually use new tin foil...i know i should just invest in a bowl but i accidentally dropped it like 3 months ago and i've been too lazy go get one.

2. invest in a bowl. a nice glass spoon shouldnt cost more then 25$
    alluminum tastes nasty and burns your throat like a bitch.

3. agreed. tin foil is both nasty and bad for your health. just get yourself a nice, cheap glass bowl. It will only cost you like $20, and that is a good investment

4. yeah i think it's time for that. thanks for the advice guys! :smoking:

5. Foil is BAAAAD. Get a bowl. This only cost me $10 and it was well worth it.

Attached Files:

6. When my friends and I started smoking, we used a lot of tin foil pipes, simply because we were new, we didn't know the health risks, and we didn't know where to find a glass piece.

Aside from the health risks, the worst part was that near the end of bowls, we didn't know whether we were smoking foil or weed. Getting a glass piece made things so much better.

I haven't smoked out of foil since, so here's hoping I don't get Alzheimer's.

7. Most people don't know that tin foil is really safe, but like everyone else said it would be better to invest in a bowl.

8. Although people say "aluminum is bad for your health" "oh, watch out for the health risks." stop and think... What is aluminum foil generally used for.? Cooking! Aluminum foil is meant to get hot. It takes very high heats for aluminum to reach the point where it begins to melt and release chemicals. A simply bic lighter and evens butane lighter can not reach these high temperatures. But yes, invest in a nice little spoon they save so much time but if push comes to shove you can use aluminum foil without risks.

9. Aluminum foil isn't going to kill you or anything but it is really best to invest about $20 in a glass bowl that could last you the rest of your life and give you a great tasteless pipe to smoke out of. Aluminum tastes nasty!

10. That shit gives you Alzheimers! Go and get a glass bowl or something. If you can't do that, make a wood pipe or a water bottle bong. Anything is better than foil

11. If you really don't want to buy a bowl, make an apple bowl. If you make it right they will rip quite nicely.

12. The only time I use tin foil is for a Lung, and those are so fucking cool haha.

13. So when the aluminum literally burns and melts, what exactly are you inhaling?

14. Go to Walgreens and get a corncob pipe for like 4.99. Best money i ever spent.

15. I used foil sometimes when I started. Probably won't kill you every once in a while, but really, why risk anything you don't have to? If you have pretty much any fruit lying around, you can use that.

16. He said high heats, something a lighter cannot achieve

17. Dude I got myself a cheap glass pipe for smoking on the go, only cost me $6. You could also buy a metal pipe so there's no worries if you drop it.

18. High heats? A lighter flame reaches over 1,000F, probably enough to make fumes....

Aluminum pans can't be taking more than the oven temps right?

This sounds like a completely different story and possibly dangerous.

Sammy

19. Tin foil can lead to alzheimers.

Aluminum foil cannot lead to alzheimers.

Eating it isnt as bad as smoking it ( Tin I mean ) since the tin isnt actually being burnt at the time you eat it.

Make a home made bowl. I constantly make new ones and discard the old ones. My current one is a Propel drink bottle with a hole in the side of it and a pen sticking out. The pen leads into a soda can ( which I emptied out by poking a hole with a tack letting the pressure out, and then made the hole bigger ) which has been dented like a bowl, and I put several grouped holes together to make a place for the smoke to enter. Then, halfway up the bottle I made a hole. Fill with water ( or some kind of flavory drink. I personally like Arizona Iced Tea ) up until right below the hole in the bottle then I coat the hole around it in wax ( to prevent air/water leaks ) as well as the hole into the can.

So what you have is a water bong with a side carb, which is hooked to a soda can that is basically a chamber ( which allows a little time for the smoke to cool! ), and then is filtered by H2o. Almost 0 hazard, and its better than smoking out of a bowl or even a normal water bong.

If you dont like the taste of the bong, you can always put some other kind of drink in, such as Hot Cocoa or Dr. Pepper!

20. Yeah dude my spoons were confiscated and ive learn how to make a bowl out of an apple they only take like 30 seconds to make rip hard and they last at least 3 days before it gets too nasty but tin foil wont hurt you if you use it once in awhile
    Happy tokin bro:smoke: