opinions on TIN FOIL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by firsttimernoob, Jun 12, 2007.

1. to use or not to use???

everyone weigh in

2. Well, I've heard its not as bad as people say but why take the chance? Seems silly to me.

3. I'm not sure about how your trying to use it, but if it's for reflection in the grow room then no. One achieves much better results from mylar or flat white painted surfaces.

4. It Sucks ass.. dont even think about using it.

You'd be better off painting, using white wall board/panelling, or mylar or black/white plastic (panda film)

5. it's better than a mirror a million times worse than mylar

aluminum as you probably know is used in heatsinks of every shape 'n size

it's great for removing heat (energy) poor at reflecting and overall it's not worth the hotspots it produces unless you have a solid smooth contact between what it's cooling

in other words get off your ass 'n buy some mylar gift wrap cuz it'll do much more good spray adhesived to any flat surface than any foil could

6. well i have acess to some free mylar i just have to drive a wayz to go get it but from what everyone said its a trip well worth taking

7. yep make sure you grab two 'in a can' wonders

spray on adhesive (basically gets tacky so applying it to two surfaces makes a nice smooth connection)

great stuff - foam insulation that expands

the latter is perfect for stopping light leakage or cool breezes in your funky pad come cold weather :D

8. i know everyone says that tin foil sucks... but i've been using it since i started and it hasn't hurt any of my plants.. but i'm constantly switching my plants into different positions... i'd use mylar but tin foil works well enough for me to not waste the money to get some lol

9. Aluminum foil reflects less light than a flat bright white surface.

A flat bright white surface reflects less light than mylar.

10. id use mylar and just staple it up if you dont want glue everywhere.I only use aluminum foil to make a bowl for the top of a 2 liter when makeing a hood bong.

11. i've used foil with good results. hot-spots are mainly only a worry if you use hid lights. mylar works great but gets ripped down really easy when cleaning the walls. flat white paint is the easyest in the end, and only a small step down from mylar.