Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Opinions on the dangers of Marijuana smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lord Cohliani, Dec 31, 2010.

1. So, what do all you seasoned tokers think about the dangers of Marijuana? Do you think they exist? If so, what are they?

I've heard plenty of things. I think we can all say that smoking anything is bad for your lungs, but marijuana is nowhere near as harmful as cigarettes.

The most common statement I hear is that Marijuana chronologically makes people stupid. Personally, I don't believe it. I think there are just a lot of stoners who were stupid before they started smoking grass, and have given it a bad image. What do you think?

2. Ive been smoking pretty much daily for 20+ years....Its all bull shit:wave:

3. this this the only danger period.
    the act of burning the plant material this is the only danger.
    if u vaporize u eliminate all harmfull effects of the carcinogens from buring the plant material

4. no risk at all exept a fine if you get caught by a cop weed dose not make you stupid i actully stimulates brain cell growth from a study in canada and smoking weed will not cause lung cancer ever

5. inhale any smoke from burning material will cause cancer they are called carcinogens

6. I will say that, as with all things, if used irresponsibly, it can be detrimental. Not really for health, but other things. And how much is irresponsible really varies per person. But if you get your work done, and have time to smoke the good ol' herb, then there is nothing bad about it

7. true but studys show that it is almost impossable to get cancer from smoking canabis its not as carcinogenic as tabbaco or other smokables

8. False, smoking anything will cause cancer. However suprisingly(not for us of course, we were the smart ones who knew) marijuana seems to be one of the safer substances to smoke on this planet. There are studies that smoking weed slows tumor growth and stimulates brain cell growth. isn't that ironic.

9. #9 slarzon, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
    i would love to see someone that has lung cancer just from smoking weed untell then i say it cant happen plus cannabis has anti tumor propertys im not saying it cant happen but it has not yet in the history of pot smoking lol

10. The biggest dangers from weed come from the governments (over)reaction to it.

Surprisingly, weed smoke cause very little airway reaction in asthma/emphysema patients (unlike cigs), and components of THC can act as bronchodialators, opening up the airways and making breathing easier.

The inhalation of burned material remains the one true health risk. Even then you have to quantify it and realize you can always vaporize or eat your product if you come to feel that health risk is something you want to avoid.

11. dangers are benign, but they still exist, and can cause problems for some people, although that is extremely rare.

12. I think fuck it :)

13. The spelling alone contradicts everything you just attempted to say.

14. The only dangers are the dangers of law...

15. Did you just say smoking anything WILL cause cancer??

I think you should take a seat, right over there..

16. lol@how little sense this makes. delicious irony.

17. sorry if i am spelling wrong jackass i am high as fuck

18. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhKP_9vGiM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhKP_9vGiM[/ame]

Everyone should become educated.
    Please watch parts 1-10.
    This Documentary is very informative.
    Just look at Marc Emry the living legend.

Please watch these.
    There Hilarius Videos will change your outlook on weed.

ENJOY!

19. super high me is great

20. I don't agree with it, I've just heard it many times.