Opinions on my rap beat?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ChipThaRipper, Mar 24, 2011.

1. #1 ChipThaRipper, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
  2. It's actually pretty fucking dope dude! I didn't have my headphones on but from what it sounded like, it didn't hit THAT hard. Just seems like it's building up to something that doesn't come. Know what I mean?

Definitely not hating, just trying to give constructive feedback. All the pieces are there though....mayyyy have to write something to it, definitely feelin it

3. The subs go hard I have them hooked up to mine but if your a real bass head I can always turn it up. But I kinda know what you mean it doesn't have that killer bass part that it could have.

4. sounds really good man, it has a dubstepish vib to it, and reminds me of
    Wiz Kalifa - On my level

5. Well I do listen to dubstep and love On my level :smoke:. Thanks dude. I really liked this when I made it but wasnt sure if it just sounded good because it was mine.

6. it's not bad ;) work on your flow and transitions. very good

7. needs a snare

other than that i like it

8. #8 Noxnoctum, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    Ya sounds more like dubstep than rap to me... but that's a good thing in my book ;).

Anyways, yeah, it's really good. But I agree with cberry8... it feels like it's building up to some huge climax that never comes.

I'd mix it up, make it heavier, and turn it into a sick dubstep track if I were you.

9. idk Ive tried making dubstep and Im pretty awful at it.

10. Well apparently not cause this sounds great, and I mean that totally 100% sincerely :wave:

11. I think you have to work on your fill timing a little bit, i know what youre going for though it sounds pretty good. just a few tweaks would be my opinion.
    what program do you use?

12. hah thanks I've only been making music a month and half, no musical background. I gotta go to class though I think I'll try and make some wobbles for it I know how to, maybe on the flatter part mostly flat with a couple quick wobbles.

13. fl studio 9 xxl producer edition

14. I also made this beat 2 days ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC7XvgnJAHU]YouTube - Money Brings Games**HOT NEW 2011 RAP BEAT[/ame]

15. Good shit playa.

16. Wow well that's impressive for only a month and a half. Keep at it, I've got friends who are always messing around with... I can't remember the name of it but some music maker thingie on the mac. Their stuff sucked at first but now it's getting REALLY good.

17. Garageband?

18. Ya that's it. They use something fancier now though.

19. you sure it isnt FL Studio?