Opinions on my LAYOUT ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jooeel211, Nov 6, 2006.

1. ok, i got this sauna that no one uses. i know my parents arent ever going to use it so i want to begin my grow room in there. its behind the garage seperated from the house. i shouldnt have privacy problems because simply no one goes in there. but this is how im going to start off. i WANT your help ...

im going to purchase this 2' four bulb fluorescent lamp that comes with four cool 6500 kelvin lamps, along with two more 3000 kelvin lamps for the flowering stage. im planning on growing two to three plants not much for sale but for own use ... well friends too but, what do you think so far ? the sauna is wooden with cement flooring < may be a factor with temperature ? ill also have a fan running to keep circulation.

for sprouting the seeds, iv been researching and theres many ways to sprout the seeds. one says keep under water for a day then wrap in moist warm paper towels until sprout is visable ? what do you think ? afterwards place three to four centemeters below a biodegradable cup and cover with some soil. then cover top with syran wrap to keep moist, but no light should be visiable. when sprout arrises from surface then the lights are placed 18/24 ? also to keep drainage and ventilation.

i understand the transplant part and most steps to keep roots free from stress. how do you think temperatures will effect the plant at early stage when its around 60 F ? i guess i could turn to sauna on ... lol. but any drastic effects ?

anything i need to improve ? help is greatly wanted ! this is of course an indoor layout. also any reliable internet sites that WILL ship seeds to residential houses ? dam laws are worrying me.

what do you think about purchasing the lamps online ? any risk of credit comapanies srewing me over ? i havent made the purchase but if paypal works you think that itll be safer ?

thank you for those who care about our horticultural goodness'

2. Hey,

Interesting. Pics would be cool to help on the condition of the room, what its made of, size, light leaks, ect.

Are you using bagseed or feminized? If you run the risk of males with bagseed, I think you should have 2, 4 foot fluros, and start with 10 seeds if room/privacy/eclectricity allows. Does it already have electricity running to it?

This should be fine, 24/0 or 18/6, either should work. What type of soil are you going to u use? - This is important.
    Also, if you use peat pots to germinate, they last about 2 weeks and you can plant them directly into the soil of a new pot and the roots grow right through so it stops you from having to transplant early.

Have you already done a test and your getting those temps during dark/light?

Good luck, keep reading, and pics help us help you.

3. I have had very good results putting the seeds in a cup of water for about an hour and then putting them in a moist paper towel. I put paper towel under a bowl or in a container to retain moisture. I have had ver good results this way!

4. Jooeell,
    Slow down haha. It's definately something to be excited about, but no a thing to be rushed into, as many people around here will tell you. The first thing I'd reccommend is not to grow at your parents house. You say they never go in that room, but what are the odds that they won't go into your grow area in the next 3-4 months? I'd say wait till you get on your own, read up on all the information you can, then tackle your first grow. All the answers to your questions are in this forum somewhere. Do a lot of searches and read the stickies at the top of the forums. They are all very informatable. As for seeds. Check out the seed bank section of the forum to read over peoples experiences with different sources. I just got a package today from a source I found in there. Good luck........and welcome.

5. i know im like really rushing into this but im soo ancious to see me first sprouts. im taking classes in PCC ... not for growing weed but to commerically grow and sell trees. all this learning has just pumped me up to begin my own lil nursery of goodness. you're right though, within the 3-6 month, whats the odd of them going in the sauan ? it truly is risky but ... i do have other areas of the house where random crawl spaces are located, but the problem is that they dont have electricity. i cant have an orange extension cord running into a crawl space otherwise itll make things more suspicious. i will for sure take your advice into consideration. but again patience goes a long way but moving into my own place is even longer ...
    thanks for your time,

6. you know i think ill do it your way ... it seems practical and legit.
    thanks for the advice !

7. Gonna wait to get your own place?

8. Thank you soo much for your time, i appreciate your thoughts,

9. you know i think ill do it your way ... it seems practical and legit.
    thanks for the advice !

10. Yeah your right but i cant resist that i dont have to BUY any more from anyone. i acually want to experience the greatness of smoking something you built. for an example: driving a car you just repaired yourself at home. i know its not safe but im telling you, they will not go in there. infact it hasnt even come to my mind that i had that sauna. i was in bed and i was thinking like where in my huge house can i grow other than the crawl spaces. iv been real excited and im askin a friend to purchase some seeds from local dealers. no luck yet but ... lol ... hes commin next week and were going to hotbox the sauna. thats should go well ...

how did your seeds go ? can i ask where you purchased them ? iv been lookin around and im afraid that customs is going to screw me over. are you located in America ? probably but can you give me a reliable site ?

thanks again, hope to hear from you soon.

11. Cant beleive nobodies told you that you should definately not be growing without your parents knowing, if its in their house of course ;)

12. You should NEVER grow in someone else's place without their consent. Not only does that put you at risk, but your parents as well. It's one thing if you get locked up for your own decision; it's another thing completely if you get other, non-consenting parties in trouble as well. If you want to grow in there, ask your parents. If not, find somewhere else, outside of your parents house, to do so. Either that or wait till you can get your own place.

13. Ditto, don't grow in your parents' house.

14. dam, never thought about other people, good thing you told me about this. dont want to put parents in any trouble. your a big help to me !
    thanks a bunch !

15. Yea, I have to say I agree, im just tired of telling people that, lol.