Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Opinions on my drug test today

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GreenGrower, Oct 7, 2006.

1. I am about 5'8 around 145lbs. I am not very active as far as exercise other than walking with a friend occasionally. I was a heavy smoker during my time before I stopped. I have been clean 40 days and passed a First Check home drug test. The line for THC was not as clear as the rest but it was there, indicating a negative. The test works all the way down to 50ng according to the manufacture instructions. I took a pre-employment drug screen today and the test is to be sent off to a lab. I took the test at a LabCorp facility and the test was labeled as a 799452 - Drug Profile. I really need this test to pass. What are your opinions of on the upcoming results? I live in Dallas and the test is being sent to Houston. Any idea how long the results will take to get in? Thanks

2. It sounds like you have a good chance of passing but we don't know enough details to say more. We don't know exactly what you mean by "heavy smoker" or how long you engaged in that behavior*. Did you do anything besides stop smoking like use those fourty days to try to clean out your system?

Under some circumstances, btw, you can challenge a narrow failure and be retested, so look into that and keep your piss clean in the interim.

*Btw, I'm probably a "heavy smoker" by some people's standards and don't consider it a bad thing.

3. Well by heavy smoker I mean everyday before work(1 hitter on the way to work, would fill it up around 3 times), during work (like a 1 hitter, would use twice) and after work all evening (sharing a couple joints with friends). On the weekends I was high most of the day. I had looked for a job previous to that and was clean for around 2 weeks, started smoking again for another week and a half, heavy smoking. I have then abstained for around 40 days and don't plan on smoking again for quite awhile. Bad thing is I start on Monday, and the results won't be back before them so I could get booted out right after my training. As far as disputing the results what could I do or say to dispute them? I do as everyone has said I pissed several times before I went and when I was filling the bottle I gave them just the exact amount needed and didn't use the beginning or end of the urine stream.

As far as cleaning out my system, I drink alot of liquids on a normal basis. Increased my water intake and am a alcoholic so I comsume mass quantities of beer and liquor. Even today I woke up drank like 4 glasses of tea and a coke and ate some greasy food for fear of having clear urine.

Previous to all of this I was smoking heavy in a similar fashion for several months. Before that I was a 1 once a day type.

Only real thing that worries me is that the home test line was not equal to the others giving me the indication that I still have some in my system. How to pre employment drug screens look at results that may have trace amounts of THC in the urine?

4. Basically if you fail act shocked/outrage and insist a mistake has been made. Act like it's ludicrous you could have failed. A friend of mine failed one and did that and was allowed to retest. The extra bit of time (waiting for the initial results, then a few days before the retest) apparently helped because he passed the second time. He spent the time after complaining drinking lots of water and stuff. I don't know if it helped obviously... but I'd guess having more time for it to leave his system helped.

5. i'd say i eat poppy seed bagels every morning j/k, you should be fine, most employers don't care to much unless its a serious hardcore job middle-class severance pay

6. I went to LabCorp here in Dallas as well to take my DT about 4 days ago. I went to the one in Richardson. All I did was take my sisters piss in an advil bottle in between two Toasti Toes heat warmers(w/ adhesive). When I handed the nurse the sample I had filled it a little more than half-way and at 100 degrees. I passed and got the job two days later.

[​IMG]

7. I am taking Niacin (Vitamin B3) as a supplement right now to burn fat cells at an accelerated rate while I work out or run. But it also helps me because I hang around a bunch of guys that smoke still and, despite what they tell me, I am a bit paranoid about the secondhand messing with my UA results.

Fuck, this burns.. BADLY. I need to get myself some 'Flush-Free Niacin' so this
    burning doesn't occur every time I take it, which is daily. :(