Opinions on Mothership Glass?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by McDoperstein, May 8, 2013.

1. #1 McDoperstein, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    What does everyone in the GC community think of Mothership? Obviously their stuff is top notch and on par or beyond quality of brands such as Sovereignty and Mobius but how do they hit compared to say a stereo matrix or stem/stem-8? Perc designs look really unique especially the way the cut their slits in both formation and how fine they are. Looking for opinions on both flower and oil tokers.

EDIT: Can't seem to get youtube embed codes to work so here's just links to a couple vids.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz4s9IMWzEU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgI5glCzlno[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLxu5-68bVc[/ame]

2. mothership> life itself lol

3. Very cool glass. I don't think the seed of life perc or egg of life is really all that different from other slit type or poked hole or showerhead type percs.

Really their swiss percs (fab egg) and torus recycler are the reasons to take a look at them.

4. They are the only group using LASERS to cut percs! Plus they make the best prodo glass line out there.

5. very sick i wan get the egg one but they arnt only one using lasers bro.. mobious n im pretty sure many more

6. nah some other companies use lasers..like Mobious

7. Edit: nevermind this bit... Someone else will have to back me up, but I'm nearly sure Möbius also has laser-cut percs. Just trying to get facts straight.

Still though, Mothership>Möbius.

8. #8 ZionLion2, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    If they are not the only then they have the best laser, scott deppe has a laser that was like 120k. The flower/seed of life percs are the most complicated cuts I have seen on glass. Always assumed mobius was just beast coldworking, but makes sense they would be using lasers too. even if not for the Production line the line work of Scott deppe, jacke C, and quave are next level ish. too bad quave is leaving the mothership

9. Lol, no they're not.

10. Holy crap, 120k? Thats ridiculous.
    Do you know if quave leaving to start his own company?

11. Yeah, idk why exactly it seemed like he wanted to leave on pretty short notice, don't know if he got into an argument with one of the other guys or something. In the same post he said he had a lot of respect for them so it is hard to say. He is working with Gordman glass in lynnwood, WA until he can set up his own studio.

12. I dont think its laser cut...

and yea Mothership is Baller glass

yea Quave is doin his own thing..

13. What lol? Didn't even know it was up for question, it's pretty obvious they laser cut...

14. No I'm pretty sure they use a stencil and sand blast all the way through it. That's why it's a little frosted

15. the perc is laser cut lol

16. My opinion?

Awesome glass, absurd prices for prodo.

17. Silika uses lasers too on their honeycombs, saw it on igniteme.co i believe

18. Does silikia use their own honeycombs? I thought they all just bought from another company who makes them