Opinions on high desert summer grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MayorMcStoned, Apr 25, 2016.

1. So, last summer I ran my usual system and struggled with high temperatures the entire grow. We're talking 95-100°F (which is nicer than the 110+ temps we get here in the summer outside, but shitty nonetheless) here... Long story short, I ended up with some sub-par whispy bud and decided to adjust how I do things during the summer.

I have a 400w t5 set up or a 150w HPS I can pick from as opposed to my 400w GPS system I normally use. I'm planning on growing maybe 2 plants Max but I could do with one in order to leave it outside of a tent with hopes that'll control the temperature better. Anyone got any opinions on which one would be the better option?

2. If the hps is cooled and you can vent it outside the grow space that might be better. My 8 bulb 4 foot 400w t5 produces a ton of heat... Requires a dedicated AC in the bedroom that I veg in where as my 2 600w hps bulbs in my shed barely add heat since they are vented outside of the shed. Shed has an ac as well but I'm running 3x the Watts in a smaller area, the t5 turns my shed into an oven because it isn't vented.

• Like Like x 1
  3. My tent system vents outside for sure, but I was still reaching those temperatures.

150w is more than enough for one plant I reckon. I guess now that I think about it, it runs off a magnetic ballast which is probably more inefficient than my digital.

I'm starting to think I should probably baby just take the summers off. :/