Opinions/advice needed!! 1st grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by FrostytheNugGrl, May 13, 2011.

1. FreshnootBudz: I really wonder if newbies really belong in hydroponics. Dirt is a lot more forgiving than hydro. I think that's why I love my Aerogardens, they're pretty much idiot proof especially if you follow A/G's advice. Now if you're talking about growing M/J in them that's another story altogether. Coincidentally, I was re-reading an article in "High Times" about hydro and they classified coco as not being well suited for beginners. Lucky for the newbies cannabis is pretty hearty.

I think it's human nature for people to want to emulate us without having to pay the dues. I grew in dirt for a long time and pretty much cut my teeth there. I had experience before I got up the gumption to try hydro. Admittedly the results are incredible but a lot of these folks think that all it takes is money. Boy, are they in for a rude awakening. What little I know makes me wish I had tried to learn more in Chemistry in college rather than just get the necessary B for my GPA to transfer to the university.

Someone said a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing because people who are unprepared can go off half cocked and get in way over their heads real fast. Depending on where they live, community college Ag. programs and organizations like Oaksterdam university can give them the knowledge base they need but many seem more interested in only finding a short cut. I recommend Cervantes's book and "High Times" as a starter but I often wonder if they can read or they're just too lazy to. Hank

2. Completely agree... It's corny but " knowledge is power" is the best way to sum up growing cannabis.
    I'd say more but I'm on lunch break..... FUCK WORK!!!
    Lol
    Happy Growing---