Opinion on Vaporizers?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 1st, Jan 12, 2010.

1. I've used many different smoking tools in my time. From a two foot bong to a five foot hookah, a chillum to a pipe, a gas mask to a vaporizer. I definetly have to say I like bongs and vaporizers the best, but for completely opposite reasons.

I love vaporizers. Ive used a Daddy and currently have a Genie. I hated my Daddy, it took too much time to warm up and temperature was not always easy to get right. I love my genie as it vapes very effectively if you get over the learning curve. I love how efficient vaporizers are with marijuana. I can pack a .2 gram bowl into my genie and get fucked off of it. Its also great how there is no smell, so you can vape with non-smokers and not agitate them with the smells.

The shitty thing about vaporizers (or at least my genie) is that you have to hit it about 30 times to finish off a gram, and youd have to pack the bowl 5 times in between. Hence, you never get that huge rush you feel when taking a giant bong rip, because you can never get enough from a vaqpo at once. I also hate how vape tastes; and ive vaped purple/bubba kush, OG kush, lemon diesel, etc. and it tends to make me cough more. The cool, cloudy smoke from a bong tastes and feels so nice, its just so inefficient.

I was wondering how you guys feel about vaporizers, and what your favorite method of smoking is :p

2. just vaped a few packs in my dorm gotta love the vapes man

3. Love vapes. I like them best through a bong for many of the reasons you mentioned. My Da Buddha, plus a simple GonG bong (diffused until it broke, now regular--soon to be diffused again!) makes for an efficient, hard-hitting vapor experience.

4. Vaporizers are fantastic for my situation, ill list some Pros and cons
    Pro's:
    -Stealthy
    -No smell
    -Very efficient with herb, 20-30 pulls out of one bowl
    -my DBV heats up fast and is easy to control
    -easy to clean
    -WAND HASH

Cons:
    -the temp is a bit touchy, but that is also a good thing
    -the high is not as heavy as smoking but that is okay.

BUT. nothing beats a good bong rip. IMO smoking and vaping are good for two different applications. If i have things to do i hit the vape, if im ending the night i'll smoke.

5. You just need the right vape. Pick yourself up a nice Da Buddha and you'll see...and taste...the difference.

6. #6 TexRx, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    I have a vapor bros. 2 with the mineral element. It warms up in 5 minutes and never leaves an aftertaste of any kind!
    I prefer the taste of vapor now that I'm used to it.
    And vapor is easier to cover up since is smells less and nothing is burning.

It is a different kind of high, too. It's more trippy and less heavy.

I can see how some people may think it's not a strong enough high for them. You kinda have to like vaping it or just stick with a nice bong!!

I like using my vaporizer. I enjoy it more than a bong!!

7. Help! I'm working with a couple of cancer patients and need any and all information about vaporizers. What brands are best for my patients' needs, what should I look for in terms of features, ease of use, cost, etc.
    Thank you one and all for your help.
    Hempress

8. You may wish to search the forums as there are several threads on this subject with reviews, videos etc.
    A lot will depend on your patient's manual dexterity, as some vapes are a bit akward. It would help if the patients could review some of the videos on youtube and decide which style vape they felt most comfortable with. Ideally, if you have a "head shop" in your area which sells vapes, arranging with the shop owner for him or her to demo the vapes for your patients might be useful.

9. I've smoked bongs, glass spoons, blunts, joints, bubblers, etc.. but found that i like vapes the best so far. I own a vapor genie like op, and its fucking great. The high is so much different from other ways of smoking. Right now im pretty fucked up off of one cloudy hit of northern cali dan :smoking:k... Its really a nice piece to have if you want to be discrete and not stink up the place and get away with smoking in doors (bringin it back to college with me).
    But for me the high isn't instantaneous, its pretty gradual, but you def feel it quickly. The high is just a very clean, head high feeling, and is very warm and enjoyable. I function pretty normally too which is great. So yeah, go vapes!

10. i love VOLCANOs,,so easy and nice to hit,,,,,,,,,,,,,peace LEAR

11. Thats cuz you are using shitty vapes OP. Get something of quality and your mind will chnage, vapor is AMAZING!!!

If you wnat stealth, and cheap, get a Magic Flight Launch Box, its crazy small and runs on rechargable AA batteries.
    If you are willing to spend more then a Da Buddha vape(aka DBV) is around 200 bucks, has a really thick glass whip, a 10 foot cord, an unbreakable shell, and a nice padded case with room for everything.

12. I just bought a vaporizer today and I have to say, I don't think I'll smoke any of my other pieces anymore. Vape saves weed, I get a GREAT taste, smooth hits, it's healthier, no smell which is great for my dorm room, and it just seems to give you a "pure" high if you get what I'm saying. I don't seem to get "fucked up" off of the vape, more just an incredibly calmness and euphoria.

Plus I smoked maybe .3 grams earlier and was high for 5 hours straight, could never get that out of a bong or pipe. However, a nice bong rip is still tempting, just to see the tube fill with smoke and then clear it. It's more fun, but objectively, it's not as good as a vape. And being at a school that is cracking down on weed, it's a good thing to have a vape since it doesn't smell like weed at all. Mine smelled like pine trees today, almost like you sprayed an air freshener in the air, didn't even need to febreeze or anything.

13. I have a da buddha, a chinese digital box, and i'm getting a magic flight box for portable.
    I firmly believe that everything about vaporizing is better than smoking. Don't get sedated enough? Try out some different high quality strains and use a higher temperature(420 deg. f range) to vaporize all the available cannabinoids.
    I don't smoke my weed anymore because it just wastes so much. I'm a broke college student and vaping has allowed me to cut down consumption(amount), side effects, and not to mention it's totally recyclable. I make a sedative 'vaped weed hash/oil' out of my collected vaporized weed. You can also scrape the golden resin out of your glass whip or do a iso soak/evap to get some pretty good 'hash'.

14. #14 bar3000, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    Volcano Vaporizers do indeed RULE.

You can vape on 6-7 for a while, and after you vape everything, you can run fat bowls again at 8-9, and then STILL collect a bunch and make edibles with enough of it.

You can not go wrong. Efficiency is ridiculous compared to smoking, and people who say "that the flavor isn't as good," are pretty delusional in my book. How can lighting something one fire really extract a more efficient flavor then blowing hot air through it?

Devices and herbage pictured:

I blew out the margins because sadly, this website doesn't have a spoiler bb code tag, which would be AWESOME

So I made them links, check it out!
    http://www.facesofpot.com/IMG_4965.jpg

http://www.facesofpot.com/IMG_4966.jpg