Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Opinion on spray painting metal pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RealEyesRealizeRealLies, Nov 10, 2008.

1. I want to spray paint my metal pipe to dress it up a little. I was wondering if this would be a bad idea? I don't know if i should paint all of it, all of it besides the mouth piece and bowl or none of it?

2. Never smoked a metal pipe... safest option is obviously not to, but...

how much does it heat up? don't do th bowl ay least... don't do anywhere that gets real hot... does the can have anything to say on the matter? Like 'do not heat up dried paint' or anything?

3. you might end up inhaling the spray paint when you smoke your bud...i used Rustolium (sp) spray paint on my grill...it was special for surfaces that heat up

4. Thats an uppercase NO!

Bad for you in multiple ways.

5. No bueno dude.

Maybe some heat resistant paint such as the rustoleum or caliper paint. Other than that I would stay away!! Go invest that money into a piece you actually like and are proud of.

6. not worth it at all.

7. if you cover up the bowl... and any place fire would touch or it would heat up

8. i say no but if youre set on the idea go to the local auto parts store and get engine block paint. its rated to like 1200 deg. or something rediculus (sp?) like that. pontiac blue would be badass!!!

9. Also know that just because something is rated to 1200 deg, doesnt mean it wont emit nasty chemicals before burning. I personally wouldn't paint. Have you tried looking at glass spoons? They'll hit alot more harsh and probably look better too. You should be able to pick a nice cheap one up for around $20.