Opinion on scrog setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jubeik, Apr 3, 2013.

1. I am posting in hopes of getting some opinions on this setup i am thinking of doing. The dimensions of the box will be 4 x 4 x 4 with a 3 x 3 screen in it for doing a scrog. My seeds are bomb seeds cluster bomb, which is mainly indica. I am thinking of using a 3 gal pot which stands at 9in and i was going to put the screen at 10 above that making it 19in off the ground. My light is a 500w led and the bottom of it will be 8in from the top when it is pulled all the way up, leaving 21in from the screen to the light. My main concerns are is 21in enough room and will my plants get stunted in 3 gallon pots. This is my first grow so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Naw u should be good dude. I use 3 gal pots but use t5 for scrog never used led's.. Just make sure I flip ur lights before the screen is full. U shouldn't have growth more than 4-6 inches above it screen if u train them right

3. You should do good with LED. What kind of panel is it.

4. Nice that's what i was hoping. My led is a 500w blackstar. I was thinking of using cfls or t5 with it, but i think im just going to go with the led all the way through