opiate withdrawls

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by tokin jax, Jun 28, 2009.

1. just wondering how long of opiate use does it take to have withdrawls once u stop using?

2. recreational use doesn't really cause very much problems..
    but when you form a daily habit that's when things start to really suck..

when i had withdrawals i would suffer from back pain, body aches, upset stomache, HUGE headaches and being REALLY REALLY moody.. overall life just sucks when you're comin off of opiates but it's really only bad for a few days it's good to just sleep for that few days..

3. Try to eat a lot...I'm still comming down from my long ass friday night (Which has been ongoing and will keep going today, See my thread for details or if you wanna talk) It may make you throw up a few times but trust me, food always helps. I was addicted to Oxy's for about 3 months (Fractured elbow in Ice Hockey, followed by surgery and Physical Therapy) I took around 3 a day and kept going back for more every few weeks saying the pain wasn't going away, (I even asked my doctor to up the dose if he could). It sucked a lot...for about a week straight all i did was lay around my girlfriends house while she was at work and when she came home she took care of me. This was all ended around 2 weeks ago...Everyonce and awhile I'll look at the Full pill bottle and another half full which i bought off a friend and just wonder if i should take more. I'm sorry if this post has no relevance but I have been awake for 2 days straight and I'm running on 2 hours of sleep+ 4 Concerta 54mg pills I chewed after my hockey game yesterday at 2pm.

Okay and now i'll try to give a more straight forward answer. Depending on how long you had been doing (3 months for me) I am still taking 1 or 2 every three or four days because I want to..I know i'm not addicted to them anymore but they are always around my girlfriends house (I live there btw, incase you where wondering for some reason??) idk man, it's all about will power, I know i had about 2 weeks of puking and sweating to endure, followed by heat cramps everytime i worked out or exercised...the only reason i didn't keep going with popping pills is because my girlfriend stopped me, as long as you have someone to walk through it all with you and stand by your side (+Kick your ass a few times....Love you babe) it can be very easy to kick the habit. I didn't think the withdrawl effects where so bad, mainly all the money my girlfriend wasted on me for food, drinks and other needs is what hurts the most, and i'm glad she still wants to be with me, i was going to propose soon but i feel that the OXY's just stopped my life for awhile, which believe it or not, gave me a lot of time to think (Which is a plus i guess?) that wasn't really a straight forward answer at all bro..i'm sorry.

Here we go VERY SHORT and TO THE POINT!
    As long as you are a stong willed person, you'll be able to stop pretty easily (If you deal with pain well then it's very easy) As i stated before, I am no longer addicted to them and I only use Oxy or Anti-Depressants when I actually need them. If you have a good Bud contact stick to Mary for awhile, she'll help you out BIG TIME dealing with all the upset stomach and other cramps/pain issues. While your withdrawling, if you get high with someone or a group and you all sit around and talk, I feel that is the best way to kick the habit! If you are going through withdrawl I know how you feel, If you need to ask anymore questions please ask, I'm not tired yet. (Still not as short but i'm trying man, I really am)

Let me try ONE MORE TIME,
    Put the Pills away, Smoke some weed with your friends or lover <-- always a plus if your girlfriend (Or boyfriend idk if your a girl or a guy, if your a guy im not saying your gay) because you have the very confortable feeling with them, If not, smoke with a group of your closest friends and sit back on your bed or couch and just watch them (I did this for 4 days, I slept of course)

Goodluck my friend, PM me if you need anything!