opiate w/d sucks big time

Discussion in 'General' started by TeSupo, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ok so for anyone that has gone though opiate w/d knows what im talkin about.

so for like 3 months Ive been on opiate based pharms daily, for real reasons but still would increased dosage for fun nights but it never became a whree I was popping them like candy cause I knew of the affects and wanted to keep tollerence down.

I ended up going to the ER for two days, again more opiate based drugs and now though the IV. They were giving me dillauta sp? and morphine shots directly into my iv multiple times ( :( can't wait for the bill on this) but anyways I think this shot my tollerence though the roof big time. usually 15mg hydrocodone would get me going, and 20mg would be really nice and now I take 20-30mg and I feel nothing and still have pain. so im fearing it now that it is gonna be hella harsh on the w/d. I still got like 10 vics left and 5 kadians left (morphine). I wanna save what I have left cause taking them is worthless unless I take a huge dose but I rather get my tollerence down or I can use them up and wean myself off of them. im thinking of just going cold turkey and let it just happen, the first day will be hella bad but I wasn't like this for years so should only be a couple days, I just hate the real pains of opiate w/d SO much.

any advise on what helps when you go though the worse part, i don't mind the mental at all, about cravings and shit cause that aint shit. The part I hate is the aches and extreme weakness and the aches are the worse i have to say.

2. take vitamin c b6 lysine and eat hearty healthy meals toking a few times a day if possible

try to avoid fast food instead going for shit like italian bread salad 'n pasta or what have you

weed weed weed

she'll save you from lots of pain

this coming from 2 months of 120+ mg doses of oxy 3x on bad days 2x on ok

this of course was supplemented with uppers and herb so the withdrawl could be worse

another possible option is gaba

supplementing serotonin precursors seem to help mdma users get over that depressive slump while dopamine ones allow for never ending tweaking in a manner of speaking

gaba is what ghb opiates and other things like alcohol work on so a dose of it with a mild depressant like pot or alcohol might help the cramping craving and shakes

don't do them all or any get over the hump with the above mentioned items only taking a single pill if you're in intense pain

gl dude

3. last night was the night i was gonna stop but i had to many plans so i used 25mg hydrocodone last night, thoughout the night so that didn't help.. by tonight is when the real w/d's are gonna hit me so ill make my choice either to start tappering by taking like 7.5mg, 5mg, 2.5mg or just cold turkey if the aches are not so extreme.

I take effexor xr, currently tappering off that right now too, still taking 75mg for the rest of the week and then 37.5 and have a RX for Celexa so if that will help me now ill fill it today and start taking that.

I have vitamin b6 50mg and b-100 in pill form and b-complex in sublinqual form.

I just used the b-complex sublingual and 1 b6, see how that works.

weed does help, helps better at night for me, idk why but using it during the day just makes the pains, cramping and shakes more presant and worse, but does help at the same time but too much neg vs pos.

4. I try to sleep it away. If you can sleep through the first few days its not as bad. I feel for ya man, i know that feeling all too well. I will literally sleep for a day or two and avoid people as much as possible. I know you said you want to save the pills you have, but, when your that dopesick taking a couple will help. Wont get you high really, but takes the edge off the withdrawls. I've been fighting this sickness off and on for years. I find sleep helps me.

5. Damn man, good luck. I've never taken anything stronger than a couple Tylenol 2's with codeine i got for a sprain... I plan to keep it that way as long as possible too.

6. ya man, since I first posted this message in the morning, right about now is when I used my last dosage thoughout the night so I could at least keep myself together and I went though 25mg though the night. Didn't feel anything but it kept me almost normal. tonight now is becoming to get rough and I just wanna sleep it off and chill here, and NOT hang out or go out with anybody cause it just does not work out.

I went for a run, i know many are like Wtf mate! was hard to get out but the exerise helps and you kinda forget about it, plus im hoping ill get a good nights sleep due to all the running.

7. yea once you use a opiate pain killer, you realize what a opiate high is - the thin line comes. I went a little overboard this last month on them and paying for it now, usually I like to have them around but here and there use of them is the best.

8. I don't trust myself. I've been smoking cigs less than a year and have tried to quit over a half dozen times...yet here I am, puffing away on my aftertoke...

:eek:

9. I would give up pot, beer everything for two methadone a day. Pills became my drug of choice uh, i dont know when. One day basically i woke up an addict. It sneaks up on you. Starts out all fun at first, next thing you know you'd rather call in sick to work than stomach the idea of going there with no pills to get through your day. Night sweats, pins and needles feeling in your arms and legs, sneezing like 10 times in a row, cold sweats, sick to your stomach feeling, joints ache, muscles ache, body aches, then the shits come, throwing up sometimes from withdrawl. Opiates are great(sarcasm)

If you havent done them, dont. Nove of us ever thought it would happen to us. I'll eat 20-30 hydrocodone a day if i can get them. Thats not bragging, thats just my tolerance and what it takes to get the right feeling.

10. That's why. I never intended to be a smoker. They kept me alert when I was driving all the time for work and not sleeping well.

I stick to pot, I've quit that so I know I can do it. Nicotine w/d is bad enough...fuck all that other noise.

11. yeah man, opiate addiction is a bitch, i just got off of a 2 month oxy and hydro binge, not by choice, but people aint breaking bones like they used to. I have to say that its one of the most painful withdrawals you can get, but good luck anyway.

12. LOL...thats funny but it isnt...

More and more people are getting hooked on them and greedy with their scripts. They used to be so easy to buy, now people dont want to give them up. I turned alot of people onto pills i'm sorry to say. Alot just started getting curious why the pills that didnt do much for them as they put it, were so valuable to me. They started eating them more and more and what do you know, another addict. Pills are an epidemic, prices and supplies are starting to reflect it. Dr's are getting leary of giving them out. It sucks.