operating a four tube t5 fixture with only two tubes???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ForbinsAscent, Jun 5, 2011.

1. I posted this in lighting section but no reply- - I want to maximize efficiency using a two foot T5 fixture by operating the minimum amount of bulbs. at times i would only want two tubes working, at other times all four would be required. Does any one know if there may be consequences to removing two of the tubes in a four tube fixture and running it with ony two tubes?

thanks in advance

2. im running 2 in my 4 bulb right now. two bulbs blew and im waiting to get a few more. They are running just fine.

no explosions or fires :rolleyes:

3. right ha ha. you should watch the movie, darwin awards, people come up with some interesting way to do stupid things, and get themselves killeld. well good point the lamp burns out and others still work. any way i've run a single 18w bulb in a two lamp fixture, so i'm not sure i might have been baking when i posted that.

4. lol, well its been a week and still no fires or explosions or darwin awards to be hung around my tombstone.