opening cabinet door = light leak?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Promethean, Jul 31, 2012.

1. this is something thats been bothering me because I've hear light leak can cause plants to hermie. Would opening the door and working on your plants then be considered a light leak then?

2. during the dark cycle that would be considered letting light leak to your plant yes

3. Never mess with ur plants during the dark hours.

4. green lights are the only thing safe to use on it. i have a green cfl always on, works out well to peek in on them and not shining any harmful light

5. but you may open the cab when light is ON correct?

6. Yes. Light leaks can occur only during dark hours.

7. much appreciated

8. If the plant is still in veg. stage, light leaks are not as stressful on the plant, and usually doesn't cause it to turn hermie. It's a different story when the plant is flowering.

9. ahhhhhh makes sense =)

10. Dudes, the light leak thing is WAY overblown! :eek:

Does the moon make all outdoor cannabis plants hermie? I don't think so!

And guys, I grow in my den closet. I keep the closet door open 24/7 (unless the landlord is over fixing the plumbing) to prevent mildew. I am usually on my computer in the den. The light is on when I am in there, so there is a major "light leak" most of the time.

And how many hermies have I had in the last 9 years of constant growing? Exactly TWO! :eek:

Now maybe the Ganja Goddess just loves me ;) , but it seems to me that other factors than light leaks may play a far bigger role in setting off hermie-ism in cannabis!

Granny :wave:

11. And Granny yet again blows some minds

12. I don't even know what to say to that, Granny. Blew my mind right out the window.
    Could it be an issue of genetics? :confused:

13. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Dudes, the light leak thing is WAY overblown! :eek:

Does the moon make all outdoor cannabis plants hermie? I don't think so!

And guys, I grow in my den closet. I keep the closet door open 24/7 (unless the landlord is over fixing the plumbing) to prevent mildew. I am usually on my computer in the den. The light is on when I am in there, so there is a major "light leak" most of the time.

And how many hermies have I had in the last 9 years of constant growing? Exactly TWO! :eek:

Now maybe the Ganja Goddess just loves me ;) , but it seems to me that other factors than light leaks may play a far bigger role in setting off hermie-ism in cannabis!

Granny :wave:[/quote]

It's funny you mention the moon because I was literally just thinking about the full moons bright effects on outdoor plants. And now we know