opening a dispensary

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by HerbalNurse727, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Hello,

I have been looking into starting a dispensary within the next year and am trying to plan accordingly. My state is not medicinal yet but is going to be on the ballot this coming year, while i understand it may not pass I am hoping to have everything ready if it does go. I would like to gather up any advice,tips or information about the process by which one has to take for start up. i am asking this through more of a legal stand point. 

thanks,

2. Thats a sketchy way of conducting a business.

3. How is being prepared sketchy? In my opinion waiting until the legislature has been passed and then trying to get my shit together is gonna leave me broke and late to the party

4. #5 CL4P-TP, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    okay

A.the voter led initiative will have to be run thru the electoral process a couple times..they always do, no matter the cause/issue. so that's a chance at legal protection every other year.... at best.

B. then your Elected officials will get a hold of it, adn actually make the laws. in this process there is gonna be some give and take. some states ARE allowing privately owned Dispensaries, some not ....and some states do now allow em at all ( like here in Oregon).

so that is the first two hurdles you have to jump to even get to the "what are the legal requirements needed per state law to run a dispensary "

WHICH CAN ONLY BE ANSWERED BY A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL!!!!!

not bloggin away on grasscity.

5. Do you have like $30k to drop? No? Then youre not opening a dispensary. Chances are youre 20 with a dream like every other stoner in this country. If not, good luck, because youre really going to need it.

6. Go with your dream. Collect info. Make it happen. Call owners, speak with local activists working on the laws, see where this is going for you. Need money? Find investors - there are potential billions out there looking to be placed. Money is the easiest part once you play in that realm for a bit. Find a mentor - a local business association - find someone that handles wealth or financial mgmt and see what they're looking for to invest. $50k is nothing - it's a lot of money - but it's nothing. You can raise it if you don't have it already.You're doing it right. Don't get caught up in someone else's reality putting you down.

7. I buy my herb from a 'street pharmacist' if ya catch my drift. So maybe consider reading into that  ;)

If you going to go into spam post over-drive then don't start suggesting that someone become a street drug dealer.

9.  Spam post overdrive? A little sarcasm never hurt anyone bro.