open world games only

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by travilanche, Jan 30, 2014.

1. I find that these days I can only play open world games. I have been ruined by the plethora of awesome open world games released over the last few years. Since 2009, these are the games I have played: inFAMOUS, Borderlands,BioShock 2, Red Dead Redemption (oh my god this game blew my fucking mind!) Assassins creed II, Assassins Creed brotherhood, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Assassins Creed Revelations, Skyrim (jesus Christ what a game!), inFAMOUS 2, Borderlands 2, DCUO, Assassins creed III, GTAV, and Assassins Creed IV.

Now in there I tried to play BioShock Infinite, and I just could not get into it. I recognized that the game was actually quite brilliant, but I hated the "on rails" feel of the game. It just didnt provide the freedom that I desired.

So I really think that I have been ruined for most games and can only play open world games from now on. So I miss out on a lot. Anyone else have this problem?

2. open world games are my favorite
    but I still have lots of fun with a linear game, it jus needs to have stronger gameplay mechanics and a great story.

what an open world game means to me is you have the ability to enjoy the game with little playthru of the main quest.   Jus losing yourself  for hours interacting with the game environment

You could travel back n forth in Bioshock Infinite but it did not feel like an open world game . much more linear.  

GTA, Elder Scrolls, RDR, AC    are excellent open world games

3. Dude check out FarCry 3. Its my favorite open world game ive played. You wont be disappointedSent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app