Open door vs. Closed door - Does it make a difference?

Discussion in 'General' started by x Seedless City, Jul 13, 2011.

1. When I smoke a joint in my living room I get super paranoid because I live in a suburb. When it's warm we open our front door which is in the corner of the living room to get some air flowing through the house. We have a storm door with a window that opens so we just open that and leave the storm door closed as our front door.

Anyway, so like I said I get paranoid when I smoke a joint in my living room. I'm just paranoid that someone walking by or the neighbors will smell the smoke and report it. While I'm smoking the joint I close my front door so the air can only go out the kitchen window and the slider in our dining room. Once I put the joint out I open up the front door so it's just the storm door again and air can flow and the pot smoke can get out.

Does this really make a difference or will the smell be just as strong as when the joint was being smoked?

tl:dr - I'm paranoid about neighbors smelling me smoking a joint in my living room. Does it make a difference if I shut the front door while smoking and open it once I'm done?

2. Your house is the last place you should get paranoid. I am paranoid whenever I smoke because it's often in my car, outside my house. I will be happy once I get my own house and can burn freely.

3. Might depend on how much you smoke, Id smoke with your door open and nonchalantly go outside after you're done smoking to see whether or not you can smell it. If the smell poses a threat to your safety, you should probably consider either smoking with your door closed and/or smoking in a different room of your house

Or you can buy an osculating fan and set it up next to your couch and blow the smoke into that.

4. Yep probably your best bet.

5. Smoke in your garage, than crack the garage and let it vent for awhile. That's what I always do.

6. I live in a suburb and I've been smoking on my front porch for a while. I smoke out of a bowl, and I've never had a problem.

7. I'm pretty sure youre not the only person on ur street that smokes! People probably can giv a shit less about smellin weed if they walk past ur house. I liv n the burbs as well, but people hardly walk down the street.

8. Thanks guys. I know I really shouldn't be paranoid, I just can't help it. Cops drive down our street about 3 times a week so once I started seeing them, that's when I started getting worried. I know for a fact I'm not the only one on my street that smokes, but fairly sure I'm the only one in my little "block" of neighbors that does.

My husband has his medical marijuana card but i am a stay at home mom so he's not always here when I smoke. I smoke when our child is napping or in bed for the night, never when she is awake.

The main reason is there are a lot of young kids right in our area that are outside playing all the time and lots of people going on walks and bike rides.

I should probably just start smoking in a different room instead of in my living room.

9. I'm pretty sure the fact that you are smoking in your home protects you from pretty much anything. You can't get in trouble for having a house that smells like weed.

10. Especially if, like OP said, your husband is a medical marijuana patient.

If cops come to your door and it smells like weed, tell them your husband is licensed and he had just smoked before he left.

Given this situation though, I don't believe you have anything to worry about.

11. You're fine with only the screen door open and the main one closed. It's technically against our lease to even have weed in our house...but we smoke multiple times a day. Not always in the living room next to the front door, but we've never had a problem with smell...

Edit: Also, we just resigned our lease for another year and we've lived there 13 months now.

12. I do it and why don't my neighborz have a problem wit it? Cuz they're doin' it too, yeaaa:cool:

13. apartments matter. people be nosey when walking down/ up the stairs.

stupid shit.

14. Nah dude just stick an incense in plain view and they'll smell it, look around and see incense

15. If your husband has his card then you shouldn't have a thing to worry about. Are you in a state that allows a patient to assign a care giver? Have him set u up as that and you can smoke all u want

16. I smoke in my room or a friends house. After use some febreeze and that's it.
    Also the doors and windows are closed. We use ACs

17. I usually burn in my garage with the door open or on my porch out front or the deck out back. Never been in any trouble yet.

18. Yeah I know I have no real reason to be worried about it. I'm actually thinking of applying for my card next month. Then I wont have to worry at all.

19. make a dryer sheet tube and exhale into it. i used to smoke in a spare bedroom with the window open, and could never smell it outside, even with my tube

20. Dry sheet tube is old school. Funny thing is I learned about it in outpatient drug treatment when I got rolled with some bud on me in high school. It works like a charm but will make your whole room smell like "fresh spring morning dew" ha ha. You can buy the filter caps for gas masks and blow thru that and absolutely nothing comes out the end. No smell no smoke that's how I smoked in my room while mom was cookin just outside my door