oops, what did i do!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gnome802, Jul 1, 2010.

1. using soil
    cheap top soil and potting soil idk brand
    indoor
    bagseed
    maybe 3 weeks old
    4 23watt 6500k cfls
    i water with tap water(let it sit out for a couple days) i water when it looks too dry
    ive fed it with a diluted strength miracle gro food
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?

Attached Files:

2. Buy a ph meter if u already havnt got one.

3. my bad i just copied and pasted the little checklist so i wouldnt accidentally forget to give any information and i didnt erase that last part, but i dont have one, where can i get one and how much are they? and do u think the ph of the soil is whats killing them?

4. Idk man I won't give you any feed on your soil or nutes since I'm only finishing my first ever growth and never experienced with your setup. One thing I could say is that you have way too little light on your plants. The general rule is 150 watts a plant. Good luck

5. well you see how small they are now, and i plan on moving them outside when they get a little bigger, so i didnt think lights would be an issue, maybe i was wrong

6. From day one I was Bangin out 160 watts and it did great on my plant. How big is your plant? Either way I don't see why you can't put it outside already.

7. #7 Antigen, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    They look stretched from not enough light and that soil was probably not the best choice for starting seedlings in. That last one, IDK what happened to it, could have been the dirt, water, bad seed, lots of things.

Your pH could have also been a problem if you were not measuring it. Depending on the source of your water and what pH it was, that could have caused you some problems. You can get a pH meter (more expensive) or the water drop test kit (cheaper but still accurate) at any grow/hydro store, or order it online if you can't find it in stores around you.

Since you're going to put them outside the transplant into good soil and sunlight should help fix some of the problems they are having, you just have to get them to survive the transplant and subsequent 2 weeks or so. :)

When you plant them outside make sure to bury some of that long stem so that they can stand up on their own. You should also take them outside a little bit at a time to 'harden them off', don't just throw them outside in the ground one day in full sun, or they will probably die. You could also just plant some seeds outside where you want them to grow, and let nature do most of the work for you. I would plant some seeds at the same time you plant those clones outside, just in case the clones don't survive the transplant. Make sure you plant seeds far enough apart from the clones and each other that the plants will have room to grow once they get going.