Onthemooch's perpetual organic Amherst Sour D adventures including GM's far red initiator puck

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by onthemooch, Dec 15, 2017.

1. #1 onthemooch, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Hi all.
    Ok so thought id start a journal in my organic adventures. Im previously a coco/hydro grower and have been swept up by the organic revolution.

I have made my soil as per the recipie in the no till thread. And im ready to start documenting from now.

Im running 3 strains at the moment. Speacial queen, Red Leceister Tease and Amherst sour d
    But for the purpose of this thread ill just document the sour d in here.

Iv been vegging the clones under a cfl for about 6 weeks an transplanted to 7gal about almost two weeks ago and at the same time put the under my quantum boards. Im gonna give them another 2-3 weeks veg and flip.

Im vegging and flowering under the 260w quantum board kit, currently dimmed right down for veg.

Im excited to be in full organic mode now and im looking to produce the dank as my previous grow did
    20171215_180033.jpg

Here are the ladies. Recovered from a cold shock an lock out from last weekend
    20171215_175430.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. So i added the net last night. I do love a good scroggin'

20171216_115442.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok so a little update.

Plants are growing well under the qb260 and starting to fill out the net.
    This is my first run with the qb260 where im actually using for veg an flower an i must say im extremely impressed withe the growth. 20171218_185537.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Update:

Still tucking away. Plenty of new growth filling out the net. My plan is to veg for another week give them a good trim under the net an flip a couple of days later on 1st jan. I will also be taking 2 clones of each plant. They are 2 different phenos of the same strain an 1 of them is extremely special, when i took these clones off the previous run i wasnt aware of the difference in phenos an thus didnt label them . Im gonna select the better of the 2 and keep it for good. Yes it is that nice.
    20171223_225800.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. 20171229_221925.jpg Ok so the last few days iv had an iron deficiency its starting to improve but growth hasnt really been effected just tge yellowing.. scrog filling out nicely loving the qb260 kit for veg.

Flipping as soon as the iron def is gone

• Like Like x 2
  6. I will likely be flipping these tomorrow. Iv got my far red initiator puck set up and the iron def is all but gone

Looking forward to see what these quantum boards can do after a decent vegging

7. Thats a far red initiator puck. Supposedly it the far red spectrum helps the plants go to sleep quicker at lights out which inturn speeds up flowering, adds more weight and in some cases finishes them off quicker for harvest. This is my first time using one an i thought it would a good idea to run it over the sour d. The 2 phenos i have 1 finished at 8.5 weeks tge other at almost 10 weeks. So if this puck does reduce flower time overall ill be able to say by how much due to previous runs.

8. Nice! I added a couple of 150w cfls blue over my last grow the last two weeks of flower that were timed in for 8 hours middle of the day, someone told me it helped resin production. Interesting to see how this goes, my sugar royal I use apparently can speed up maturity

9. Sugar royal ? Is that a type of nutrient feed ? Iv not heard of it before. When i used to use nutes i would use canna brand but iv got away from the nutes now an im running organic soil with water only feeding. Working out nicely so far

10. I'm thinking of going organic, but just getting a premade on
    Yeah, it's designed to make your flowers think they're in a drought even though theyre obviously not lol, and they react by more resin production and faster finish apparently. I havent really noticed either, but the taste is definitely better
    Recommend any soils?

11. I built my own mate but i have used on a few occasions canna's bio terra plus - this is an organic soil an has full certification too. Its decent but it comes with its own set of organic feeds to use. I moved away from it cause i got fed up of buying nutes an feeds.

12. Yeah I want supersoil like you've done, just seems a right chore to find all the stuff where I am
    Super taste super easy

13. Ebay is your friend

14. Ebay has been my mortal enemy in the past. Lol.
    Any recommendations that don't need to many ammendments or additional nutes that you know of?

15. A good way to get started would be to get some peat moss / compost / perlite mix them all together the add some kelp meal , garden lime and some dry organic fertilizer.

You will fine with that.

If you want to go the super soil root you will need more. I made mine with

Garden lime
    Kelp meal
    Neem cake
    Blood fish an bone meal
    Volcanic rock dust
    Gypsum
    Organic fertilizer
    Malted barley

i got all of it off ebay apart from the neem

16. Did you have to let it bake? How much did you make up I'm gonna only wanna do 100 litres so will have to look up ratios

17. I made 2 batchs of 75 litres

25l peat/ 25l compost/ 25l perlite

Then the amenments were added by half and full cups per cubic foot of soil. A cubic foot is about 7.5 gallons so 30 litres there abouts