only the first set of leaves curling up (not the little round suckers) PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tjmorgan7283, Jan 14, 2011.

1. #1 tjmorgan7283, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    my pants are 2 weeks old today form the day the poped out of the soil and when i checked them in the am today on all but 1 the set of leaves right above the the little round sucker leaves had just the edegs curling up and its just on that sen no othere leaves are doing it i ben doing alot of reding and everything i found is pouinting to the light being to close or hight heat HELP ME PLEASE

update......im useing a 150watt hps it was about 5"-6" above the plants with a fan didnt know the temp or humidity then i moved to about 12" above my plant with a fan my temp was about 85-87 and my humidity was about 25-27 and now i moved it about 18"-20" above the plants and got a humidifier and now the temp is about 81-82 and the humidity is about 52-55 unless i oped the door the humidity drops to about 42-45 and the temps stays about the same and this is right at the plants under the light im hopeing this fixes my prob but i dont know what the temp and humidity should be at let me know????? check out the pics

2. hey dude can you post a pic?

3. i have tryed but i dont know how to do it it askes for a url or the pic i want to upload what the hell is that

4. #4 tjmorgan7283, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    i think i got up loading the pics figured out so take a look and ploease help me!!!!!!!! the plants are only 2 weeks old and i have 6 plants all together but only 5 of them are doing it

Attached Files:

5. I'm thinkin some kind of H2O deficiency lol. the leaves aren't drooping so it's likely not under watering, but humidity might be low. Also, i wouldn't be surprised if heat stress is contributing.

What's your humidity and temperature?

6. hey got ur pm lol

im just trying to think, i had that on couple plants while back, cant think what it was, its not from heat as in the 4 pic i can see its not right at the top of the plant, obviously if it was heat it would be at the top of the plants, but maybe connected to humidity(leaves drying out somewhat)

can you give bit more info on the grow, soz if u said before,

but whats seeds are they,strain? bought from a seedbank?
    how old sinse they poped above ground?
    whats soil are you using? have you added anything to it? or added any nutes etc atall?
    are you PH adjusting your water before use? also is there anychance it could be related to the water with it coming from an outdoor 'spring'
    what are the temps in the room?

7. #7 tjmorgan7283, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    the leaves are not dry at all but it got worse over night i moved the light up and have a fan on them all day id its about 72-75 with alot of fresh moving air i used fox farm nutes once about a week ago and then gave them water the night befor all this started i set the ph at about 6.8-7.0 and the water i use comes off the moutain and its drinking water the cars line up to fill jugs of the spring water oh and the plants are 2 weeks from the day the poped out of the dirt and ther purple kush seeds someone please help me

8. what should my humidity be?????

9. No more nutes!

2 week old seedlings neither need or want nutrients. That's what those little round leaves (cotyledon's) are for, they supply everything necessary.

Wet

10. did you look at my pics? why are my plants doing that

11. #11 GrowMoe, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    I agree with Savage that it might be low RH (humidity). The RH in veg should be 40-70%. If it's constantly lower than 20% it can do what yours are doing. It might be something else though. First, try spraying/misting them down with a water bottle a few times a day, just to moisten the leaves, not the soil, and see if it helps. Second, you should try to get the RH up to about 40%.

12. Well i went out and got a nice little humidifier and opened my fresh air vent a little more and moved the light up to about 24" above the plants and i got the temp to about 77-80 and got the humidity up to about 60-65 and the plants look alot better all the newer growth looks perfect so lets see what happens

13. I will update some more pics in a few days once all the new growth opens up!?!?

Thanks for all the info and help guys!!!!!

14. Oh and this is a purple kush strain

15. Fixing the problem quickly is good. I hope it goes well and that low RH was the only issue. Good luck and keep us posted man! Peace :smoke:

16. let us know if they start to recover post some pics, you may not see the effected leaves get better, but you should see the new growth growing fine

17. Stop the nutes until they get a bit bigger. Also PH close to 7 can cause issues. If you have a meter and PH up and down, try and get it in the 6.4 - 6.8 range, but pref exactly 6.5.

IMO its a combo of nutes and PH.